18 Missouri Colleges And Universities With Amazing Mental Health Resources

No one should have to fight alone.

161
Uniradio

College is a really tough time for a lot of people. For most of us, it's the first time we're out on our own and forced to deal with everyday tasks without the help of a parent like we've been helped for the past 18 years. This can get absolutely stressful, especially with the stress of school, and balance all of these new and exciting challenges.

According to a survey taken from the American College Health Association, 45% of women and 36% of men in college say they feel depressed. While college is new and fun, it may be hard to be able to find resources to battle these horrific feelings. A majority of students don't know that their campus has resources to help them through this difficult time, and some won't even use it. Some people don't get the help they need because they don't know they have resources available, but these resources are there for you.

University of Missouri

Mizzou has a variety of resources such as crisis & emergency services, individual counseling, and group counseling. Visit here for more information.

Southeast Missouri State University

SEMO has a counseling center to help students battling with just about anything they're going through. Call the counseling center to make an appointment at 573-986-6191.

University of Central Missouri

UCM has a variety of services offered including Safe Zone Training for LGBTQ students (great job, UCM). As well as individual, group & couples counseling. Visit here for more information on how to get started.

Maryville University

Maryville has many different options, but they go beyond office hours. They offer hotlines for students who need help every hour of the day, as well as how to help a friend who may need it. Visit here for more information.

Missouri Baptist University

MBU has a wide variety of off-campus counseling centers that are safe, and confidential for the student. Visit for more information.

Missouri State University

Mo State is a campus that doesn't have a variety of resources, but just enough to get you the help you need. Visit here for a list of resources and how to get help.

Lindenwood University Saint Charles

Shoutout to Lindenwood for helping their students know that a problem is a problem no matter how small. Visit here for information on how to help yourself, or a friend.

Webster University

Webster has an amazing staff to help you succeed. As well as mental health counseling, they also offer alcohol and drug prevention. Visit here for more information.

Fontbonne University

Fontbonne not only offers counseling, but fitness classes, and spiritual wellness counseling. Visit here for information.

Saint Louis University

The university center staff have a wide variety of concerns they can help students. They make making appointments super simple. Visit here for more information.

University of Missouri Saint Louis

UMSL has many different services and classes, and free online screenings. Visit here for your options.

University of Missouri Kansas City

UMKC doesn't have a lot of services, but enough to get you the help you need. Visit here or call 816-235-1635 for more information.

Truman State University

Truman has an amazing option where if you're unable to make an appointment, there's different steps to take in order to take care of yourself before getting in to make an appointment. Visit here for tips and ways to make an appointment.

Missouri University of Science & Technology

Missouri S&T rocks it with counseling services as well as different presentations and workshops! Way to go! Visit here for different options.

Westminster College

Westminster has a wide variety of staff to help with the different services offered for students. Call 573-592-5361, campus extension 5361 to make an appointment today.

Saint Louis Community College

STLCC has different on-campus events to help with students. They also have counselors to help with personal and academic issues. Visit here for your options.

Saint Charles Community College

SCC has different workshops and training, as well as sessions with a counselor. Current students can call 636-922-8536 to schedule an appointment.

Rockhurst University

Rockhurst has different resources and services available for students. Visit here.

No one should have to fight alone. If your college was not listed, it's not impossible to get help. Visit your school's website to find more information about a counseling center, or visit this to call or text with a trained crisis counselor 24/7.