First, Do What's Best For You And Your Mental Health

It's okay to put yourself first sometimes.
208

Your mental health is so important and absolutely nothing that you should be ashamed of. It is something that you should learn to love about yourself and make sure you take care of, not only yourself but also your mental health. Mental health has such a negative stigma around it still when really we should be me open about it and the ways that we can help our friends, loved ones and even ourselves deal with it and learn to live with it.

Mental health is such a broad overstatement but does anyone really know how many different types of mental health there are, how many different things people can suffer from that is included under the mental health umbrella? When most people hear that someone is suffering from a mental illness they usually think that most people are talking about depression, anxiety or bipolar disorder, while this can be true and is common there are so many more disorders out there and no matter where under the umbrella you fall, your mental health is just as important as everyone else's.

Learning to love your mental health is an extremely hard thing to do. Trust me, it is something that I struggle with every day of my life but it isn’t impossible and it makes life so much brighter when you start loving your mental health and yourself. So many great things happen in your life when you start loving your mental health. Here a just a few amazing things that happen when you start to love your mental health: getting out of bed is so much easier, showering becomes a normal thing and not something that only happens once a week, interacting with people becomes just a little bit easier. Now, I know not everyone deals with those issues but those a just a few examples. Start loving your mental health and see where it take you because I would love to know.

Your mental health is the most important thing in the world so please take care of it and yourself. Don’t be ashamed of it, do what is best for you. If that means taking a semester off, that’s OK, if that means attending therapy two times a week that’s OK, if that means taking medicine to balance it out that’s OK. All of these things and more are OK and if anyone ever shames you for these things or anything else, don’t listen to them because nine out of ten times it is because they are too scared to get help for their own mental health. Do what is best for YOU, not everyone else, because in the end, you are the most important in your life, always remember that.

No matter what you suffer from, whether it is the most common mental health issue or a mental health issue that is super uncommon and most haven’t heard of, your mental health is still valid and important.