Ladies, Don't Let Pink Tax Charge You More For A Mere Razor, Buy Men's Razors Instead

It costs more to be a woman, and I'm not here for it.

33

To all the women out there, it sucks, doesn't it? It sucks that we often pay more for products positioned towards women. But why? I didn't ask to be born as a woman. I didn't ask to bleed from my vagina once a month. And, I sure as hell didn't ask for girly razors that cost more than they should.

Two words: Pink. Tax.

It exists. No matter how much people argue it doesn't, or how much we don't want to admit it does... The truth of the matter is pink tax exists, and it sucks.

And no, while there are some razors out there that are somewhat pricey, it's not the price of razors that I'm having a fit about. More specifically, it's the price of women's razors that I have an issue with. In comparing Gillette's Sensor3 Sensitive razors with Gillette's Venus Treasures razors, both of which I've used before, the men's razors were four for $5.99, whereas the women's were three for $6.99. Tell me how that makes sense.

Razors are razors, and all razors share the same purpose: shaving off one's hair. Sure, there are different types of razors, such as one for sensitive skin, one for better precision, or even one for better moisturization. But at the end of the day, none of that explains why women's razors are often pricier than men's razors. In the end, they do the same thing.

Do you know what else grinds my gears? Men's razors, from the handful I've tried over the years, often have a sharper blade.

Crazily enough, my razors last longer now that I've switched to men's razors. Hygienically, that sounds gross because razors are meant to be thrown out after a certain amount of times and uses, but if you're shaving every other day or so, it's no big deal. Especially if you're clean about your usage.

Why am I often paying more for a smaller amount of razors that aren't even as sharp?

I find that my men's razor tends to last at least a week longer than the women's razor. Since the blade's sharper, it means I have not only quicker but also better results! I no longer have to replace the blades as often, saving myself money in the long run.

Who doesn't love saving money? Who doesn't love shaving off time?

Since men's razors are sharper, I have better precision when shaving my legs. With the women's blades, I find that I'd have to shave my legs at least twice per leg, if not a third time just to be safe. With the men's razors, I'm often good to go just one round, which means less time for me to accidentally knick myself (which, hello, is a great thing).

So, if you haven't tried using men's razors yet, I urge you to try. What's the worse that can happen? If you don't like the men's razors, at least you spent less money on them. Give a big middle fingers up to Pink Tax. Buy men's razors, save money, and have smoother legs.