Memories made over Dunkin
Life Stages

Memories Over Dunkin

Shout out to the good times!

68
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sfl-dunkin-donuts-is-making-a-change-to-its-doughnuts-20180105-story.html

After a long 8 am class, nothing hits the spot more than Dunkin hot chocolate. I'm a creature of habit so, yes, I order it every Tuesday and Thursday after my class.

Waking up in a rush, I have absolutely no time to get ready, let alone eat something. I mean, you can't blame me. I have to wake up, drive to school and get to an 8 am, but I still need to be bright eyed and bushy tailed? While that is the long-term goal, and I would just love to wake up on time ready to seize the day, let's be realistic. I could not possibly do all that and still get to class at a time where my professor doesn't shake his head and ask why I even bothered. Class is finally over and my friend (shout out to Lauren) and I run to Dunkin.

Are the lines long? Extremely so, but by the time I get to the counter and the cashier asks me what I want, it's 100% worth it. Luckily for the days I'm rushing to catch up to my life, Dunkin is there. I know what you're thinking: Rhania is a walking Dunkin advertisement but, at the end of the day, it's not just about the Dunkin, it's about the memories made over Dunkin.

Although its drinks put a smile on my face and get me ready for the day, I really think it's more than the company. I've always gone to Dunkin with family and friends, although going to college has tripled my lifetime total, probably, exponentially.

Shout out to my freshman year roommates who started the tradition of going to Dunkin while the entire world is asleep at 8 am.

Shout out to a late-night library search, sipping on my first order of espresso - which was a revelation.

Shout out to a new Tuesday-Thursday tradition, talking about everything and anything under the sun, which makes waking up at 8 am just a little more bearable than usual.

Shout out to having food ruined by the rain while running to Dunkin—which, believe me, is a terrible experience, but still kinda works out for the best.

Shout out to hanging out with my parents after school in the park drinking hot chocolate, catching up about our day and just spending invaluable time together.

Shout out to all the memories yet to be made. I cannot wait to experience them.

Also, just my two cents, not that anyone asked, but, as for shortening the name to just Dunkin, I cannot. It just kills me. I know that I always cut the Donuts part out, but I appreciate having the option to do so, having it removed, for me, is truly the end of an era. But at least the memories don't change, and the idea behind doesn't change either.

As the weather gets colder, it's totally the perfect time for Dunkin hot chocolate. But, most importantly, the memories made over Dunkin.