Pumpkin Spice Lattes, gray skies, and sweaters are making a come-back… that must mean Autumn is upon us! Even though Summer is my favorite season, Fall is a close second. Growing up in LA, a place where the sun shines all year round, and the temperature is at a steady 75 degrees, I never could really tell a difference between the seasons. So, for as long as I can remember, I would change the music I listened to each season in order to get in the right mood. To me, Fall is cozy, mellow, dramatic, and a little bit melancholy compared to all of the other seasons. So, here are some of my favorite Fall songs:

1. “Coming Home” – Leon Bridges

floodmagazine.com

This is one of my all-time favorite songs. It's such a steady, simple, feel-good song, with an oldies flare that takes you back to the 1950s. Leon's voice is also so unique yet familiar at the same time, it reminds me of leaves changing color. Be sure to check out both of his albums.

2. “Sedona” – Houndmouth

images.genius.com

This is the perfect driving song. The subtle harmonies give it a light and airy feeling but it still has a steady beat that carries it along. Definitely add this to your playlist.

3. “Olivia” – Rayland Baxter

images.genius.com

This acoustic song, about a boy pining after a girl, is the perfect song to listen to while you're going for a walk. It reminds me of country roads and dreamy fields. It will give you all the feels!

4. “Easily” – Bruno Major 

images.genius.com

Another sappy breakup song about trying to make a relationship work, but it's so good! Bruno's voice is so relaxing to listen to. This one will make you want to curl up in a blanket and read a book.

5. “First Began” – PJ Morton

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

This one is soft and soulful at the same time. PJ's vocals are straight fire and the lyrics are so sweet. It's about a couple that's been in love for a long time but they still feel like they are falling in love for the first time.

6. “Japanese Denim” – Daniel Caesar 

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

I can always count on Daniel Caesar to be smooth and heartfelt. This song has a sad but hopeful feeling to it; exactly what Fall feels like to me.

7. “Blessed” – Daniel Caesar 

images.genius.com

I love a good piano ballad. This delicate song has an angelic sense that will uplift you on any gray autumn day.

8. “Paris in the Rain” – Lauv 

crank11.news

Who wouldn't want to take a long stroll around Paris while it's softly raining? This song captures that dreamy picture perfectly. Listen to this on a rainy day to be transported to the City of Love.

9. “Where Were You in the Morning?” – Shawn Mendes 

images.genius.com

Shawn Mendes slows it down with this subtly groovy and angsty ballad.

10. “tequila” – mt. fujitive

i1.sndcdn.com

This song is just a short guitar riff over a beat but it has such a great vibe, perfect for lifting your spirits on a cool Fall day.

11. “Do I Wanna Know?” – Arctic Monkeys

images.genius.com

This is a song for when you're angry or in a bad mood. It has this "I don't care" feeling that I love.

12. “Homemade Dynamite” – Lorde 

media.wmagazine.com

One of my favorites from Lorde. This is a song about being carefree, living in the moment, and just having fun. I think in Fall I need to be reminded to let loose sometimes because I can get pretty caught up in school and other commitments.

13. “Magic” – Coldplay 

upload.wikimedia.org

This cool Coldplay song is sad yet hopeful. It's about a man who is in love with a woman but that love isn't reciprocated. He's reflecting on the good times they had despite her breaking his heart.

14. “Beyond” – Leon Bridges 

images.genius.com

Another one of my favorites from Leon Bridges. This song just has a feeling of nostalgia that can't be beat, perfect for Fall holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving. Again, he brings a perfect fusion of soul and modern music.

15. “Mia & Sebastian’s Theme” – Justin Hurwitz 

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com

I love "La La Land" and this song is my absolute favorite from the musical. It has a sweet and melancholy feeling all at once. It transports you to this calm and reflective state.

16. “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman” – Aretha Franklin

i1.wp.com

I saved the best for last. Seriously, need I say more? Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul, and one of the greatest vocalists of all time. This song brings back so many memories from my childhood and is so empowering. Even though it has such a beautiful message, she sings it in a sad and dramatic way, which I love. We love you Aretha and you are dearly missed.

All of these songs perfectly embody Autumn to me! I am so in the mood for a hot chocolate and a good book. I hope you take a listen and enjoy! Here's a link to the playlist on Spotify! https://open.spotify.com/user/hnnhlooney/playlist/2L7Kt6wM37VRTF2Evg4PTQ?si=jb9iTucHTbq3UldFIICyhA