Meeting Your New Years Resolutions

Meeting Your New Years Resolutions

Make it a year that you actually follow through on it.

90
Meeting Your New Years Resolutions
pxhere

So it's finally here. Welcome to 2018! Some of us have waited eagerly for the New Year to arrive, while others have tried to hang on to every last bit of 2017 that they possibly could. Either way, a new year is upon us, which mean that there are goals to be met and changes to be made. Growth is a natural part of life, and what better time to kickstart that process than at the beginning of a brand new year. So what are your goals? What plans do you have to meet them? What is going to come of accomplishing what you have set out to do? These are all things that we consider when we decide to make changes in our lives. So whether you have already sat down and decided what changes you want to make, or you're still trying to think of some, here's some tips on how to help you shape and meet those infamous, and sometimes daunting, New Year's resolutions.

1. Make it attainable.

So many resolutions fail because they're something that cannot be reached. Don't set out to reach goals that you know aren't something that are possible. If you're tight for money this year, don't make it your resolution to travel or move out. These are things that you know most likely cannot be met.

2. Take it seriously.

How many times have you made a resolution, half knowing that you had little or no intentions of following through on it? We've all done it, but it's something to learn from. It's sort of a waste of time to even make one that you know you probably won't follow through with.

3. Don't be afraid of it.

Making changes can be daunting and overwhelming. It's scary to step outside of your comfort zone and do something completely different from your regular routine. However, change is a necessary part of life. So don't cower in fear of that resolution you've made. If you've gotta take it seriously, you might as well take it head on.

4. Have accountability for your resolution.

This goes along with taking it seriously, but a great way of making yourself accountable is by doing a resolution with someone. If your goal is to make it to the gym at least three times a week, have a friend go with you. After all, there's no better motivator than not wanting to let other people down.

5. Don't give up.

Even when it seems like you might not be able to meet your goal, keep pushing. I've learned that life is going to push you down and throw curve balls that hit you smack in head and knock you out. But get back up. You'll never get where you really want to be if you walk away from the plate.

New Years resolutions are a good thing, even if they seem a little cliché and dorky. Setting a goal for yourself at the beginning of the year is a great way to ensure that you'll make the most of it. So as you're staring down the barrel of 2018, set out to make the most of it, because you're only gonna get one shot.