Meet the Reporter: Quarantine Edition

Meet the Reporter: Quarantine Edition

What has everyone been up to during quarantine?

11
Meet the Reporter: Quarantine Edition
Photo by Eea Ikeda on Unsplash

Quarantine hit us like a ton of bricks, from going on spring break to coming back to canceled flights, restaurants closing, movie theaters no longer showing any movies, and full lockdown. I've been wondering what I would do if I was stuck at home for months, and now everyone has the answer to that question. We're all desperately trying to distract ourselves from the harsh reality of what's happening outside and I'm sure you've heard a million times to stay at home but here it is again: No matter how bored you are it's not worth it.

I expected this to be the prime time to get my creative juices flowing. I have nothing in my way to distract me, I'm no longer busy and I have all the time in the world. Except I don't feel like doing anything, I don't even want to read books because it takes too much concentration so how am I supposed to be positive about this?

The truth is, what I've been doing during quarantine is really thinking about all the ways I want to change, positive changes. Things I can improve on, ways I can be there for my friends, really take the time to show the people I love how much I love them. And then, of course, I've been reading, riding my bike, watching tons of shows and movies, and spending time with my family. I'm not discouraged for being so low on motivation, it's given me time to really think of how I can improve. I'll be writing articles, reading all the books on my list, and working on my own creative project in no time, there's no rush.