Meet Rising Brooklyn Artist: KAY ANTHONY

This artist is ready to impact many with his gift as he continues to bless his fans and listeners with dope music and visuals.

60

This Brooklyn native is creating amazing music and is making huge strides in the music industry. From his rough and humble beginnings, Kay Anthony has turned his life around and has manifested into the artist, influencer and new man he is today. With his music resonating with people not only in America, but in Africa, Germany and so many other countries, he is sure to continue making a huge impact on many with his craft.

How did you get started with making music?

I started making music back when my aunt played me The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill album when I was seven years old and ever since then I always loved rapping. I remember being eight and reciting all of the lyrics to The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill and also Ludacris's album Word of Mouf.

When it comes to your music, what is it that keeps you going?

Knowing that eventually I'll change the world one day. My family of course keeps me going as well, especially knowing what we've been through and the history of my life definitely keeps me going and I know eventually my life will change because I know I'm talented.

You talk a lot about growing up in the projects/hood, what has that experience taught you?

That experience has taught me a lot, it gave me balance knowing that I'm intelligent but I also understand the people who are in poverty-stricken neighborhoods and knowing that I can be able to interact with both, with people who have little to no education and then I can interact with the people who do have an education. I feel like a lot of people in the hood are often times misunderstood because of where they're from and how much negativity surrounds them.

Who are some artist that you looked-up to when you were growing up?

Andre 3000, Lauryn Hill, Ludacris, Kendrick Lamar and Jay Z.

What underground artist would you love to collaborate with if given the opportunity?

Radamiz from NYC, he's someone that I've worked with in the past but definitely someone who I'd love to work with again on another song, I think he's one of the dopest New York artist out right now.

What are some of your plans for your music during summer 2017?

I just came back from LA a couple weeks ago and I'll actually be working on this project called Submerge this summer. I'm working with a label right now, I can’t say which one, but I’ll be creating more music and I have a lot of super big videos coming out with actual budgets and quality music this time around so my summer will be pretty hectic and filled with a lot of dope projects.

In a lot of your songs you talk about "the man you are now", can you elaborate more on this man that you've actually become?

I've transitioned from just being someone that talked about rapping and actually embodied the being of someone that can actually be a positive influence on people's lives and knowing the power that I hold, I've had people reach out to me from Africa and Germany and I'm always so amazed because my music is actually resonating with people and the fact that it can resonate with somebody across the globe is amazing to me, so that's the person that I am now. The person that I am now is basically me holding responsibility and being responsible for the things that I'm going through and knowing that I can change other people's lives.

If you can have a ten minute conversation with any artist of your choice, who would it be?

If Tupac was alive I would definitely love to have a ten minute conversation with him just because of his ideology on life and how he handled things. I appreciated him for his mind and his music but definitely for who he was as a person resonates with me so much.

What advice could you give to other upcoming artist who are currently growing up in the same living conditions that you grew up in?

Continue to keep going, work through your struggles and understand that God is guiding you through life and is helping you every step of the way. As long as you're using your voice for something positive I believe that you will get anything that you want in your life and don't let your struggles beat you down but allow it to motivate you and become something bigger, don't let it define you.

Twitter: @KayAnthonyTh3rd

YouTube: Kay Anthony Visuals

Instagram: @KayAnthonyTh3rd

SoundCloud: Kay Anthony Music