The Best Places For Nursing School

Your Best Shot At A Successful Medical Career Is In Cleveland

Why would you choose anywhere else?

181

When deciding what you're going to do with your life, the college you choose to go to is instrumental in guaranteeing your success. But it's not just the college and the program, it's also the city that the college is home to, the resources that the city has to offer, the opportunity to gain experience right down the road from your classroom.

This is exactly why I chose to pursue my Bachelors of Science in Nursing at Cleveland State University. Is it the best nursing program in the state? No. But are the opportunities that this school presents me with more valuable than some rating on a website? My resume says yes.

Let's just stop and think about this for a minute. Cleveland is practically the center of medical innovation, we even have a Global Center for Health Innovation just a mile from campus. We're home to the Cleveland Clinic, which is the second best hospital in the nation, a crap ton of University Hospitals, Metro Health Center with one of the best life flight programs and trauma centers, St. Vincent which is one of the only hospitals to have a psychiatric emergency department, and the Mercy Health systems.

Even our crappy hospitals are still some of the very best in the country. Like come on, it should be a no-brainer.

Cleveland State has partnerships with every health system in Cleveland, along with North Eastern Ohio Medical School. Our nursing simulation labs are housed in the same building that the bulk of NEO-Meds classes are held in. There is a gross anatomy class here on our campus where you get your own cadaver.

There are so many opportunities that you can undergo in this city alone. And the best part? Almost all of them are a 15-30 minute bus ride away. Oh, and you get a bus pass included in your tuition, so you don't have to worry about paying your fare daily.

The support of the information that you have learned in the classroom is reinforced by the experiences that you gain in the hospital setting. Every hospital in the city offers PCNA positions for student nurses with schedules so flexible that you literally make your own. You tell them when you want to work, they throw you on the schedule, you earn money AND experience.

Where are the faults here people, cause I see absolutely none?

It's simple. If you want an education at some of the best hospitals in the country, you need to be in Cleveland.