McDonald's And Their True Purpose

McDonald's And Their True Purpose

What Is McDonald's Actual Purpose?
4064

There is not one person in this world that has never heard of McDonald's, McDonald's is the world's largest chain of fast food restaurant in the world. McDonald's serves around 68 million customers on a daily in 119 countries across 36,538 outlets which is pretty impressive to me because it is a lot more than most fast food restaurants.

With the slogan “I'm lovin’ it,” McDonald's was created by two brothers named Richard and Maurice McDonald. In 1940 starting out as a barbecue restaurant they later on found their full potential in 1948 as a hamburger restaurant. Which is now the world's second largest private employer with nearly 1.9 million employees and 1.5 million of them whom work for the franchises.

I think everyone has always wondered, well I mean I have always wondered what McDonald's was all about and what they stood for; are they only about serving people fatty foods and soda or what is their main purpose? Later on after researching I soon realized they are about three main things which are, good food, good people,and good neighbors.

Starting with good food meaning great taste, modern choices, and real ingredients. Every day they try to add more fruit and vegetables to their menu. And their new goal is to reduce salt, sugar, saturated fat and calories across their menu throughout every McDonald's.

What do they mean when they say good people? I believe the good people are their employees; they foster a work environment that values the unique contributions of all. Their employees are the face of their brand as is Ronald McDonald. They try to make each day positive in the lives of many of their employees by offering the opportunity through training and education. They offer this to their employees rather they choose a long career path at McDonald's or elsewhere.

Lastly, the reason why they do it all: good neighbor which is my absolute favorite out of all three. They keep families with sick children together through the Ronald McDonald House Charities while providing the care and resources they need. They allow families to face the weight of their child's illness together because families are stronger when they are together.

At the Ronald McDonald House, families can enjoy home cooked meals, private bedrooms, playrooms for their children, laundry room, their own bathrooms, etc. And this reason right here is the reason why McDonald's and their branding will stay successful. Their main focus is the children with everything they do and that will always be nothing less than appreciated all around the world.