7 Reasons Why I Will Always Love McDonald's

I'm a sucker for fast food, and McDonald's knows the way to my heart.
1883

I don't know about you, but whenever I'm driving down the road and see those golden arches signalling that signature greasy, fried food, Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You," begins playing in my head. Now, many of you may be saying I'm being a little over-dramatic; and I very well may be. But there is something deep inside my soul that inherently craves McDonald's AT LEAST once or twice a month. Whenever that smooth "Ba-da-ba ba-ba," sings through my television or radio, my mouth begins to water, and here are 7 reasons why...(and I think you'll agree):

1. The Nostalgia

I obviously had to start with throwing it back to EVERY kid giddily opening up a "Happy Meal" -not just for the bomb nuggets- but for that awesome toy you could bring to kindergarten the next day to show off. Whether it was that awesome (slightly less cool than the real one) Tamagachi, or one of those cute, freaky mini Furbies, you couldn't help but cry when mom said she was going home to cook dinner.

2. The Service

Love them or...tolerate them, every person at some point in their life has had an interesting encounter with a McDonald's employee. Whether it be watching (or participating) in a colorful discussion about a wrong order, or complaining to them about how dirty their bathroom is, they put up with hangry customers all day and still manage to get that delicious, calorie filled heap of food onto our eat-in tray or into our dine-out bag and we love them for it.

3. Two Words: BIG MAC

Now you can make the excuse of "Oh, that's too big," or "I don't know if I can finish that," but we all know you can and want to finish those two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun. You simply can't deny it.

4. That Crisp Fountain Coke

You all know what I'm talking about. It's been proven that McDonald's has the best fountain Coke anywhere. There's no question about it. Having been stored in metal containers instead of the plastic ones those lesser fast food joints would have you sipping from, Mickey D's offers you that crisp bubbly refreshment you couldn't leave those doors without.

5. OK, OK...But

At this point I'm sure many of you are thinking, "Isn't McDonald's like, super bad for you?" And yea it may be greasy, and full of empty calories, and leave you with a massive food baby, but haven't you heard of a cheat day? To me, there's nothing like the feeling of grinding so hard on all of your workouts that maybe you deserve a taste of heaven. And maybe that heaven happens to be a medium number 4 with everything on it (my true fans know), a coke, extra sweet and sour sauce, and an apple pie to go.

6. Speaking of those Apple Pies...

I believe the phrase is, "a picture is worth a thousand words."

7. The Variety

No matter what you might be feeling, McDonald's is always there to give you what you need. Cheeseburgers, Hamburgers, Nuggets (now with 100% real chicken), breakfast (ALL. DAY. LONG.) I've never been a huge fan of coffee, but hell if i'm not going to order one of their many scrumptious items from the McCafe. (I may even be hiding some of my own McCafe coffe ground from my roomates as we speak).

So if you're a true fan of this palace of saturated goodness, or you're a lost soul trying to find a quick, delicious meal, McDonald's will be waiting for you with open arms. You need only follow the Golden Arches. You'll be lovin' it in no time.