What Your Favorite Mary-Kate And Ashley Movie Says About You

The answer is yes, these childhood movies did shape the people we are.

5690
YouTube

Out of all the shows and movies I watched while growing up, there were two faces that always graced my screen, two twins that are some of the most successful sisters in the industry, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.

I think I speak for all 20-something and 30-year-old women when I say their movies were some of my all-time favorites. While yes, some were in fact a bit far fetched with plotlines such as smuggling stolen artifacts or entering the witness protection program, their movies still made me laugh and if given the choice today, I will still watch them.

I am a strong believer the shows, movies, and music we listen to as a child helps shape the people we become. Just like how the female journalist I saw on-screen helped encourage my love for writing, I think our favorite Olsen movie can help share a bit about the type of person we are. So, what does your favorite Mary-Kate and Ashley movie say about you?

1. "Double, Double, Toil and Trouble"

Let's start with one of their earliest works, one that I am not embarrassed to admit terrified me as a child, but one I continued to watch over and over again.

If "Double, Double, Toil, and Trouble" was your favorite you probably loved watching shows like "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" when you were a kid and your favorite season of "American Horror Story" is Coven. In case you need a reminder, this movie follows the Olsen twins, known as Kelly and Lynn on the adventure to help their great aunt Sophia help escape a magic mirror Sophia's sister Agatha trapped her in.

If you love this movie, you are probably always up for an adventure no matter the risk and you tend to put your family first.

2. "It Takes Two"

Is it fair to call this movie an awkward version of "The Parent Trap?" This movie follows two identical strangers living completely different lives. Amanda, an orphan who is about to be adopted, and Alyssa, the daughter of a wealthy widower.

After running into each other in the woods, the two decide to switch places. Somehow, the two end up setting up their respective "parents" and wrecking havoc on Roger's planned wedding. But don't worry, everyone lived happily ever after.

If this movie found a spot in your top eight, so did "The Parent Trap." You probably dreamed of what life would be like with a twin or running into your doppelganger, but you also have an incredible sense of what is right and wrong.

Also, was I the only one that thought the dad looked a lot like Bob Saget, although yes now I know it is Steve Guttenberg and he is famous in his own right.

3. "Billboard Dad"

How is it that two twin girls managed to display an ad for their father on a freaking billboard? I don't know who was writing these scripts, but they clearly played on these girls' skills for setting their parents up on dates.

In this film, twin sisters Emily and Tess display their widower father on a billboard. They were years ahead of Tinder and Bumble. If you like this movie, you are probably a scheme and like to help your friends out with their relationships, you're also attracted to older men because their father was hot in this movie.

You also probably went through a phase when you wanted to be an Olympic diver, but that didn't last long.

4. "Switching Goals"

The Olsen twins really capitalized on the concept of switching places during their younger years. This movie follows twins Sam and Emma. Sam is a star soccer player while Emma is more of a girly-girl. The two end up competing in the same soccer division but on two different teams.

When they discover they would prefer to be on the other's team the pair switch places. Of course, their plans come to a quick stop when their mom finds out, but in the end, the other is able to figure out who they are both on and off the soccer field.

Let's be real, if this is your all-time fav, you are probably a bruh girl and always felt it was easier to have male friends, something you probably carried with you to your adult life.

5. "Passport to Paris"

1999 was a busy year for the Olsen twins. This film follows Melanie and Allyson on their Spring Break journey to Paris. Of course, they only have a few things on their mind, boys and fashion, not all that different from other 13-year-olds.

If you find yourself constantly watching this on Hulu (because yes it is there) you probably went to Paris and were very disappointed you didn't kiss a cute French guy. As an adult, you have a love for traveling and an amazing sense of fashion.

6. "Our Lips are Sealed"

How many twins do you know of that find themselves witnesses to a major bank robbery led by a notorious crime lord? Well this movie follows Maddie and Abby through their journey in witness protection, although they do a pretty bad job and keeping their lips sealed, that is until they find themselves in Australia.

If this was your favorite, you probably dreamed of going to Australia (I know I did) and you have trouble keeping a secret. But that's okay, your friends and family love you despite you being a bit of a blabbermouth.

7. "Holiday in the Sun"

Upon writing this article, I needed to revisit several parts of the movie. Can we all take a second to ask what in the world did these character's parents did to afford getting whisked away to the Bahamas in a private jet for winter vacation? I remember loving this movie when I was younger, but how do these twins somehow find themselves in international hot water and involved in a smuggling operation.

Watching it as an adult, I realize there are a lot of cringy points, and there isn't even a plot, but hey, I still loved it. Also, I think this movie had the cutest guys in it. However, my favorite part of this movie was Megan Fox's iconic line, "I get what I want, and I want Jordan."

If this is one of your favs, you probably live somewhere in the northeast and you spend your days dreaming about spending time on the beach.

8. "Winning London"

If I'm completely honest, I blame the Olsen twins for encouraging my love for traveling. In this movie, twins Chloe and Riley fly to, you guessed it, London to compete in an international model UN competition. Following the usual plot points, the twins have two beautiful men vying for their attention and somehow end up being the heroes of their own film.

If this movie was your favorite, you probably competed in Speech and Debate when you were younger, were a member of mock trial and are either studying to be a lawyer or you're already one.

9. "When in Rome"

Besides being known as Michelle Tanner and some of the youngest executive producers in the film industry, the Olsen twins have their own fashion line. It's my opinion that "When in Rome" helped inspire that passion and love. This film follows Leila and Charli to a summer internship.

Although mishaps happen and the girls get fired on multiple occasions, they manage to pull off a complete fashion shoot and end up going to New York City. I wish my summer internships were this successful. If you find yourself searching for this movie, you probably have an eye for design and loved the clothes more than the movie itself. You know have a career where you can use that creative eye every day.

10. "The Challenge"

Finally, a movie where the Olsen twins weren't best friends. This film follows to estranged sisters, tree-hugging vegetarian Shane and type-A Lizzie, as they apply and compete as contestants on a reality game show The Challenge. Accepted since the producers know they won't get along, the pair are teamed up together and manage to overcome their differences.

If you loved this movie, you were also hooked on "Survivor." It also prepared you for the day you will need to fend for yourself in nature, but you still believe throwing rocks at a coconut will help it fall down. As someone who grew up in Miami and tried these many times let me save you the trouble, it doesn't work.

11. "New York Minute"

And finally, the last movie the Olsen twins shot together, "New York Minute." It's hard to say but this movie may be your favorite because you know it represents the end of an era.

This movie follows uptight over-achiever Jane and her rebellious twin sister Roxy, through a crazy and unexpected day in New York City. As a fellow over-achiever myself, watching Jane struggle to get to her speech on time is enough for me to finish a whole bottle of Tums.

While this movie probably has the most cohesive plot (illegal pirating and roof jumping included) it is hard not to laugh and this movie. Plus how can you go wrong with Jared Padalecki, who stars as Mary-Kate's love interest Trey? Bonus points go to Bob Saget's iconic cameo.