Martin Luther King Jr Didn't Give His "I Have A Dream Speech" For Injustice To Still Be Present
News

Racial injustice happened before. Racial Injustice is still happening.

125
unsplash/History in HD @historyhd

"To ignore evil is to become accomplice to it"- MLK

There will always be evil in the world. Where something once began, some people can never turn around and start loving each other all of a sudden. It isn't that simple.

But shouldn't it be? Shouldn’t it be simple not to say the n word? Or respect black culture but not staying silent on these issues? Most people know the story of George Floyd who was arrested in front of a restaurant in Minneapolis on May 25, 2020.

He was said to be working at his Latin American restaurant as a security guard before getting in his car when three (four total, only three seen clearly) spotted police officers stopped him when they got a call saying Floyd from a grocery store saying he forged a signature.

Floyd is a security guard who protects people and the people who were supposed to do the same thing-the officers-did the exact opposite. Ironic, isn't it?

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." - MLK

It will never matter what race you are or what the color of your skin is and even what your education may hold. When one doesn't even try to help or scrolls past all the threads you can use to sign petitions or make signs for a memorial, that's when we're guaranteed to stick with evil. Save the sympathy because sympathy alone won't get injustice to fade.

Ahmaud Arbery's family won't get their son back with plain pity. George Floyd won't get to protect people with only sympathy. Trayvon Martin had his whole life ahead of him, so what would we lose if we took a few minutes out of our day to DO something.

"You can kill the dreamer, but you can't kill the dream." - MLK

Black lives matter and saying that does not mean that other lives don't matter, as many people assume. If one part of society is breaking down or is hurt, everyone can benefit.

As a non-black person, I can say this because we're talking about equality, not being above someone and we haven't reached equality if black people still haven't gotten it.

That's why, for as long as it takes, black lives matter until they actually matter. Black lives are the priority and until they get full justice and equality, all lives will become the priority again.

"The time is always right to do something right." - MLK

So let's do just that together to give justice to the people who deserve and need it.

https://www.runwithmaud.com/ - Justice for Ahmaud

https://www.trayvonmartinfoundation.org/ - Trayvon Martin Foundation

Text FLOYD to 55156 to get the officers charged with the murder of George Floyd.

Text ENOUGH to 55156 to demand justice for Breona Taylor.

Text JUSTICE to 55156 to get justice for Ahmaud.

These are only a few people who have experienced racial injustice. Being another color or ethnicity doesn't stop you from helping out or trying to help because if everyone does their part, racial injustice can be conquered even if it takes one step at a time.