Every band members favorite day of the week is gameday. While gameday is a lot of fun, there is a lot of work to be done during the day for bands. It is a long day and there so many thoughts going a marching band students because there are so many things that we have to. So here is an inside look at the thoughts that are most likely going around in marching band members' heads throughout the football games during the season.
1. What’s happening?
2. I cannot see anything
3. My feet hurt
4. I made it through pregame
5. Can I sit down now?
7. Smile again!
9. What time is it?
10. I am tired
11. First quarter is over already?
12. I missed that play, what happened?
13. Who has the ball?
14. When is third quarter going to be over?
15. Please play my favorite stand tune!
16. Do I remember where my drill spot is?
17. Smile for the third time
19. I don't know what that means?
20. Does my hair look okay?
21. Why is this person standing directly in front of me and blocking my view of the game?
22. I missed what just happened...
23. I am hungry
24. It is so hot
25. How do I sweat this much?
26. Where are my pom poms?
27. Are we winning?
28. Man, football players are really tall
29. I am really short
30. I wonder who is in the mascot outfit
31. What is the stand dance again?
33. What did the referee say?
34. I am cold
35. I cannot feel my toes
36. I have to go to the bathroom
37. I cannot feel my fingers, they are frozen
38. My face hurts
39. I don't remember how to play that song
40. When is halftime going to start
41. Really, another time out?
42. Why aren't my hand warmers working?
43. I hate the rain
44. I will never be dry after standing in the rain for hours
45. I love band
46. I still don’t understand football
47. Yay they are playing my favorite
48. I wish I could have concession stand food
50. What song did the director say?
51. What a good game
52. I love band again
53. Is it nap time?
54. That play was amazing!
55. That looked painful
56. I love football
57. That was fun!
58. What a good game
59. I cannot wait to change out of my uniform and go home
Even after writing down almost 60 thoughts, I am sure I am definitely missing a few. If you are in band I am sure you can think of about a thousand more!