I've Been Manifesting My Life Thanks To TikTok, And You Should Be Too

Wait, thinking about my dreams can make them come true?

32
Destiny Hopkins

As my first year of university came to an end, I began to feel stuck, purposeless and lost during quarantine.

Like everyone else my age, we haven't been having the hot girl summer we wanted or as many available opportunities to pursue.

My original plan for this summer was to work my nine-to-five, hang out with my friends and find volunteering options in my area.

However, coronavirus has put a hold on a lot of that, and now, I'm in a slow job-hunt at home while having zoom calls with my friends.

I began to believe that this summer was going to be a waste of four months, until I noticed a trend on TikTok.

I don't know about you, but spending five hours on TikTok has become my new routine. And my feed is filled with new, cool things that people are trying around the world. (Also, if you've found beans TikTok, can someone please explain that?)

Among the POVs, thirst traps and ideas for new Netflix originals, I came across manifestation.

The videos show users projecting good energy and thoughts while telling us what their dream is. Some users want to be hot-shot lawyers, famous singers or accomplished actors.

The purpose of their videos is to speak into the world what they wish to become or what they want to happen.

And with some more digging, I found a plethora of other videos giving tips on how to manifest well, what you can manifest and even how to manifest so that it affects other people.

You can actually manifest for others by thinking positively about their goals and ambitions. So, if your friend wants to land an internship, sending positive thoughts and feelings their way can help.

You can also manifest others to come into your life, whether that's a new text from an ex or wanting to reconnect with an old friend. But I'd be careful with that one, because although it's boring, quarantine is definitely NOT the time to get back with your ex.

So, what exactly is manifestation? Has it been working?

Manifestation occurs when you want to make your dream, experiences or goal a reality using your thoughts, beliefs, emotions and actions to do it.

Manifestation works so that you have complete faith in making your dreams come true, akin to the saying: if you can dream it, you can become it. If you put all your energy and positivity into living out your goals, of course you're more likely to make it happen.

My personal goals are to become a successful environmental lawyer and editor! I write out what I want to happen every day on paper and spend a few minutes imagining what it will look like for me.

Of course, this isn't how you have to manifest. There are plenty of videos depicting different methods!

Once I started manifesting, I regained some of my motivation for the future. I also realized that right now might not be the best time to accomplish a lot, but that doesn't mean it's going to waste. I can start new hobbies and learn new skills while at home.

Manifestation has been a time for me to focus on positivity, bringing that to both my life, and the lives of the people around me.

Even if you don't believe in energies or spirituality or the mystical ways of the universe, manifestation means you believe in yourself and your goal. You can never go wrong with supporting yourself: you're worth the effort.