If A Woman’s Success Intimidates You, Then Maybe You’re Not Ready For A Woman

Why you gotta be so insecure?

198
Unsplash

Somemen don't like women. I had to bring emphasis to the word "some" in case all men think I am about to refer to them. Refer to them in a way that is often overlooked, but should be addressed.

To start off, men are something else.

At first glance, you might get the look of someone who is wholesome, but then once you get to know him, he turns out to be crazy.

While on the other hand, you see a man who is more "street" and turns out to be the nicest person ever. You just never know what you get just by looking, as opposed to women.

In women, what you see is what you get-simple. I could go on and on about the different type of men in the world, but I want to really focus and dig into one specific type.

Insecure men.

There are some men who don't appreciate powerful women. I have read countless articles and watched interviews on some men who are starting to voice about the rise of women.

These men are truly adamant about how women should not be greater than they are. They don't believe that women should have even the slightest bit of power or success over them. Some of them think that their failing success is due to women and its false.

An interview by singer J.Holiday just caused me to question, "Does he really know what he's saying?" He actually had an interview saying things like Beyonce, SZA, and Cardi B are all selling records, winning awards, gaining success all because of pain.

First of all J. Holiday, who are you? Second of all, what gives you the slightest urge to speak on woman's success, black women at that. If anything you should be supportive that black women are becoming some of the most successful people in the world.

Another article I read about this topic was about a rapper named Cam'ron and his longtime girlfriend, JuJu. They were together for over ten years and she was with him throughout most of his career. Recently, they split after Cam'ron overall said that being with her wasn't fun anymore.

I mean...that doesn't make sense. Many people felt that once JuJu started getting degrees and making something for herself, that's when Cam'ron felt the need to call it quits. He started to notice that she was gaining success and evolving and realized that her name was about to be bigger than his.

I believe that some men do like when women are successful, as long as they aren't more successful than they are. These are where the insecurities come into play.

Some of these men should celebrate rather than hate. They like the idea of women and what they can bring physically, but as soon as the women are more mentally, socially, and economically higher up- then there's a problem.

When they see women trying or are achieving more than what they have, then they start to think that, that is going to prevent them from their goals.

But that isn't the case.

As men and women, especially in the black community, I feel that this should not be an issue at hand. If anything, we should try to encourage or uplift one another so that we can all achieve what we want to achieve.

Women should be able to be successful without someone downplaying her intelligence or thinking that she slept her way to where she got. Its okay for women to bossy, and having her life in check. We can have opinions, we are allowed to voice them.

And to some of these men that might feel like this is addressed to you, take a strong and successful woman and run with her.

Instead of being intimidated by her success, achieve with her. Whether as a friend or a partner, she might be the missing piece to further your success. You never know how much of the world you can conquer together instead of alone.