I Am Not My Mistakes

Yes I Make Mistakes, But That Just Makes Me Human

"I'm only human after all, don't put the blame on me." - Rag n Bone Man

97

Here's the very blunt deal: You WILL f*ck up in life. And that's not an easy thing to deal.

If you, like me, are a people pleaser, if you find yourself consumed by anxiety when you feel like you've slipped up even in the smallest of ways, this is a hard pill to swallow.

In making mistakes up you will hurt people. You will hurt yourself. But know that is a natural part of life. You have to make mistakes up in order to grow.

In the situations that don't pan out the way you had planned, in the situations where you slip up and the words come out wrong, there is always an opportunity to learn. You learn more about who you are because you can think about what led you to do that thing or say that thing. You learn more about what you want because you have done something that represents what you don't want. You learn about what you need because you can see the negative energy that you want to leave behind.

You will make mistakes up. But that doesn't mean it's the end of the day, the end of the year, the end of the world. Shit happens. Plain and simple.

Through that, you will grow exponentially. It's going to make your heartache. It's going to make your thoughts go a mile a minute. But guess what? You've made mistakes up before. So you know how to move forward from this.

Allow yourself to feel the full range of your emotions: fear, anger, sadness, confusion, frustration. Then turn that into empathy for yourself. And allow that to evolve into an understanding that this moment in time, this one instance does not define you or how the world perceives you.

You are constantly growing. You are constantly evolving. You are constantly moving forward. Be proud of that. You are not your mistakes.