Makeup Dupes That Will Save You Money

Makeup Dupes That Will Save You Money

Get the look you want without breaking the bank.

1396
Makeup Dupes That Will Save You Money
AlexandrasGirlyTalk

If there is something that makes everyone happy, it's saving money. In college spending $10 on groceries feels like you’re breaking the bank, let alone dropping $25 on the newest lipstick at Sephora. This, however, is a huge inconvenience for those who love makeup. The following dupes can give you the look of high end makeup at a low end price, so you'll never have to sacrifice your bank account for the products you love ever again.

Face

Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer ($55) vs. Nyx Angel Veil Primer ($15.99)

The Hourglass primer is amazing, but many are left feeling that the product is just too expensive. While it does prolong makeup, Angel Veil does so in a similar way with a more hydrating consistency for a lower cost.

Mac Prolong Concealer ($21)vs. Maybelline Age Rewind ($5.49)

While Mac Prolong is a favorite for many of the rich and famous, Maybelline's Age Rewind can give the same look, coverage and finish. Both products go on smooth, don't crease when applied under the eye and have a similar wear time.

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder ($25)vs. Elf Under Eye Setting Powder($2)

Both powders can be used to set and brighten the under eye area for a beautiful highlight. The Elf powder has small pieces of shimmer in the powder which can be brushed away, and you can still accomplish the look of the Laura Mercier powder at a price you can't beat.

Mac Mineralized Blushes ($27)vs. Milani Baked Blushes ($8.49)

When comparing the two blushes on the skin, it is clear they may not be color dupes, but they do have the same shimmer, effect and formula.

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick ($46)vs. Physicians Formula Strips ($12.95)

A good highlighter can really pull a look together. Both products are multi use. Many use the varying shades as eye shadow and bronzers. The products are relatively the same and come in many different shades.

Eyes & Brows

Mac Electric Cool Eyeshadows ($22)vs. Colourpop Super Shock Shadows ($5)

These two products are basically identical in every form. From texture, to pigmentation, to wearability, no one would ever be able to tell the difference. Colourpop can only be bought online, but for the price it is totally worth it.

Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pots ($22)vs. Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Eyeshadows ($6.99)

These products may not have the same colors, but they share an identical formula to prime the eye, creating a classic stay-all-day look without creasing. They also work great as stand-alone products.

Diorshow ($27.50)vs. L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Carbon Black ($7.99)

A good mascara is a staple product in anyone's makeup routine. However, since they have such a short shelf life, the best idea is to reach for a product that won't be too pricey to replace every few weeks. These mascaras are similar in consistency and finish, and you'll end up saving $20 each purchase.

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner ($19)vs. Jessie's Girl Liquid Liner ($6.99)

The Kat Von D liner is different then the normal eyeliner pen because it does not use the classic felt tip, which is something many people find hard to master. Jessie's Girl came out with a liner that is basically the same thing, consisting of the same formula. You wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.

Anastasia Brow Wiz ($21)vs. Nyx Micro Brow Pencil ($10)

Anastasia is probably most people's favorite brow product to ever exist, and for a while it didn’t have much competition in the drug store. The Nyx brow pencil offers almost an identical formula, wear time and texture. Some say that the Micro Brow requires a little more pressure during application, but the final product is the same result and saves you money.

Tools

Mac 137 Brush ($42)vs. Morphe M500 Brush ($8.99)

Mac is notorious for being over-priced, and their brushes can definitely put a dent in your bank account. The Morphe brush is nearly identical to the Mac brush in everything except color. They hold the same shape, work the same way and can give you an amazing contoured/bronzed look.