A Beauty Career

I Chose A Career In Beauty So I Could Make My Passion Become My Income

I never say myself becoming a makeup artist

21
https://unsplash.com/photos/88IV5AtWjB8

Growing up we're constantly asked, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Most responses would be a doctor, lawyer, teacher, even an actor. Never did I see myself becoming a makeup artist. My self-esteem was not always the highest but that would very soon change. What started out as a simple appointment preparing for my senior prom gave me clarity of my life's purpose.

As I sat in the chair getting dolled up for my big night, I was so mesmerized at what surrounded me. The conversations between myself and my makeup artist, the gorgeous products used and the upbeat music we jammed to made the experience so much better. When my appointment wrapped up and he placed the mirror in front of my face, I was so satisfied.

I knew this was something I could see myself doing forever.

I asked my makeup artist what was the secret to his success and his response was one I'd never forget. He simply told me to make my passion my income and use my resources.

Shortly after, I visited my local Sephora store and purchased products and the journey began. After several attempts at the newest trend of highlight and contour, I finally mastered it and was ready to showcase it to the world. Everyone was so impressed with my work and requested me to do their makeup as well. Whether it been Halloween, weddings or a girls night out, I was the name buzzing in all the ears around town for EVERY makeup need.

A career in beauty has been rewarding for me in several ways. Whenever I'm serving a "beat face", my self-esteem is through the roof and I feel like I can conquer the world.

In addition to channeling my creative side by enhancing my own beauty, I love that I am making a difference in the lives of my clientele by increasing their self-confidence also. You never know what people are going through- but a makeover for a special date, job interview, or simply just because could make everything a whole lot better for them.

If you feel beautiful, you will carry yourself that way and a positive image is EVERYTHING!

They always say do what you love and you will never have to work a day in your life. I would much rather get paid an average salary but look forward to clocking in than make 7 figures and dread my job. While I don't bring home as much as a doctor or lawyer, I am satisfied knowing that I am doing something that my heart desires.

Never be afraid to chase your dreams no matter how big or small they are, you never know who you're inspiring in the process.