20 Ways To Make Your 20s Truly Roarin'

20 Ways To Make Your 20s Truly Roarin'

There's 10 years to party it up and make your 20s worthwhile

184

We've all learned a lot from our teenage years, but there's still so much life to look forward to. When I turned 20, I promised myself that I would accomplish more of my goals and would be more open to experiences and honestly, just find ways to live my life better. Now that I'm 20, this next decade is where life really picks up and gets "roarin'."

1. Take more risks. Be more open. Live in the moment.

Don't live with "what ifs". Stay out late, make stupid decisions... (just don't lose your common sense). Don't be afraid of what "could happen" rather focus on enjoying yourself, even if it means doing something stupid and laughing about it later.

2. Appreciate the little things in life.

They're not always noticeable and we all take advantage of them too much.

3. Let go of what you can't control and let life happen.

Sometimes life's just a b***h.

4. Be more adventurous.

Make a day trip somewhere fun. Do something you've never done before. Travel the world. Try a food you never have. Join a new club/organization because it sounds cool. Learn when to say yes instead of no.

5. Be more decisive.

Speak up for yourself. Be your own advocate. It's okay to say no. No one else knows what you want/need except for you. Take a day for yourself or surround yourself with friends. You're not going to be alright if you don't feel like yourself.

6. We're in college. Please for Pete's sake don't act like you're in high school.

Grow up.

7. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

You're your own best advocate. It's okay to ask for help when you need it.

8. Exercise. 

You'll thank yourself later. Or don't. It's your life.

9. Thank those in your life.

We wouldn't be who we are without our friends and family. Don't take friends or family for granted either. More importantly, don't wait for others who don't wait for you. Boy bye.

10. Don't pretend life is better than it is.

It's okay to struggle.

11. Create traditions.

Whether it's with friends or family, they're something that'll give you a reason to see family and/or friends every year even when life gets busy and hectic.

12. Don't be afraid of meeting people.

Whether it's through friends, at a party, in a class, or an organization meeting people is something that brings the potential for new relationships (not just romantic ones).

13. Take every advantage you can to put your best foot forward.

Whether academically, career-wise, or in your personal life- do what's best for you. Make yourself known to professors (past and present), employers, and within your future or current career.

14. Don't let other's judgment stop you from living your life.

Enough said.

15. Live life in the moment, but don't forget to capture the moments that matter.

Take photos. Lots of them.

16. Learn to love yourself as you are.

After all, there's only one you in this world.

17. Love has its own timing.

18. Learn when you need to recognize that you're wrong.

But also stand up for yourself when you know you're right (but be gracious). No one wants someone yelling at them attempting to prove that they're right (even when they're wrong).

19. Work towards your goals and accomplish them.

Goals aren't any good if they don't have a result- whether it's good or bad.

20. Embrace life.