Remember To Make Some Time for Yourself, More-So Now Than Ever Before

Take some time for some self-care care today and everyday.

16
Unsplash

There are thousands of reasons of why you should make some alone time for yourself, some of those being to help your well-being or mental health. Nowadays we have so many hours in the day that we just don't know how to use, especially having to be home all the time because of COVID-19. Now that we've consistently had to stay home to keep others safe, including ourselves, we find that constant need to be out and about. No hate to you if you find yourself giving in to that need, just please social distance. I've found so many ways to social distance and feel like I'm not wasting my days away. I'll be sharing some of those ideas with some facts about why you should find some time for yourself outside of your home, work, and social life...which all seem to be morphing into one!

Being at home all the time sucks!! Especially when we all thought it would be only a three week adventure and were happy to be able to have some time at home. Then all of a sudden, you're on your 4th or 5th month and you seem to find yourself at home either working or sleeping all day. To keep yourself from giving into those temptations, you should try the following steps.

Wake up earlier than you usually would

Waking up earlier gives you time to get a refreshing start to what you think will be a boring at home day.

Don't forget to start your day with a healthy breakfast

Doing this will make you more willing to keep the day going if it's not too heavy!

Try turning on some energizing music or try an at home workout

Get your blood flowing!

Being alone or having that time in the morning for yourself can increase self-production meaning your more willing to get those things you've been holding off on done!

Now that we've started with productive mornings, let's move on to some afternoon activities to keep you from hopping onto that coach or your bed and watching TV! Here are some activities to do even though you may be at work still.

Try calling someone you've been needing to catch up with

They might spark up some creative activities for you to try.

Do or continue a puzzle

Doing this can help sharpen your insights

Make a healthy and colorful lunch that you've jut been dying to try.

What's better than putting your cooking to the ultimate test?!

Do some activities that you could make into hobbies for the future!

Spending all this time alone has probably sparked some creativity within you, so go ahead and try them out!

Working well into the late afternoon can be exhausting, but so can sitting at home all day with nothing to do! Here are some activities for you to do if you find that life seems to be exhausting, whether it being work life or social life.

Meditation

Take some time when you get home from work or during the late afternoon to make yourself feel better. Go ahead and poor a nice cup of your choice beverage and take some time to meditate or have some quiet time. Being alone can help you build mental strength so take advantage of that!

Read a book, the genre doesn't matter

After some well needed self-assurance, take a good thirty minutes to an hour and a half and read. My personal favorites are those that help dig deep inside yourself.

Since we've have had a productive morning, creative afternoon, and a self-assuring late afternoon, it's time for dinner!

Recharge with a dinner that is healthy, but unhealthy at the same time!

Self-assurance can be draining, so lets recharge with a well-needed dinner that is healthy but unhealthy at the same time! Everyone needs that one meal of the day that makes the whole day worth it! Let's stick with the same bright and fresh idea as lunch.

Watch a couple episodes of your favorite TV show

Sit down with your well-deserved meal and throw on your favorite TV show, you deserve it! You've had time to sit and discover your likes and dislikes all day, so you know what traditions to keep for the next day or where to add in some new traditions.

Go to sleep early

Since you woke up early going to sleep early will help with your new tradition! Get to bed with a reoccurring bedtime schedule. Don't forget to leave that phone on your nightstand instead of in your bed teaching your mind that your bed is for sleep not for watching videos and social media.

Thank you for going though some productive ideas for your day to hopefully make it more interesting. Just remember that some of these ideas aren't for everyone, so just exchange some ideas for new ones that interests you the most!