How To Make Mornings Suck Less

How To Make Mornings Suck Less

Because waking up is hard to do

111
How To Make Mornings Suck Less
Google

I have never been a morning person. Growing up, I would sleep in until one in the afternoon if I could. In High School, i would be awake by six but feel the after effects of sleep until lunch. In college, one of my biggest mistakes was taking a nine a.m. lecture, and still to this day I have ten alarms set to make sure I get up.

Our society values the early bird lifestyle, so I have (somewhat) gotten used to waking up early. I still hate it though, especially if the conditions aren't right.

If you're like me and need help prying yourself out of your comfy cocoon and staying out of it, here are a few ideas to start the day off right

1. If you sleep with a fan on, turn that bad boy off. You will not get out of your warm bed if the air is even a little bit cooler.

Also, the sound is way too relaxing. It'll sing you back to sleep in no time.

2. Make yourself a playlist! It is a good way to get excited for the day, and it gets your mind going. It's also a good way to keep track of time.

3. If your other half wakes up early to eat before they do their daily activities, have them keep the bedroom door open. The smell of food will coax you out of bed.

4. Beware of the snooze button! Only hit it once, but use that time for something else. It could be planning out your day, or even playing on your phone. This will get you up and feeling relaxed, whereas waking up and falling asleep repeatedly will make you feel less rested and grumpy.

5. Sleep with the blinds open or slightly cracked. When the sun shines onto your sleeping, drooling face, your body will recognize that it is time to wake up. If you were to sleep in complete darkness, your body won't have any trigger to wake up.

6. Put socks on when you wake up (if you don't already sleep with them on). This way, the cold floor won't make your tootsies sad and want to walk back to bed.

7. Set your phone on the other side of the room. No one likes to hear their alarm go off, so you'll have to get out of bed to turn it off. Once you are up, stay up! Do not, I repeat, do not get back into that bed.

8. Set your clothes out the night before so talk can immediately put them on and prevent yourself from falling back asleep. Also, it'll help to cut down on wasting any extra time, Just in case we accidentally sleep in again.

These tips are not ways to trick you into liking mornings. For some people, mornings will never be enjoyable, but applying some of these tips could be helpful in making mornings that you actually have to get up and do adult things suck a little less.