8 Ways To Start Your Day Off Right If You're #Struggling

Mornings can suck, but they don't have to.

554
Sydney Fowler

So mornings can be the worst. Waking up yet another morning for your boring class can really suck. I get it. But I also have grown to like mornings a lot more when I practice some good habits and change my mindset about them. So here are a couple of ways to make your mornings suck less!

1. Practice gratitude

2. Wash your face

It feels refreshing, wakes you up and does wonders for your skin.

3. Eat breakfast

I literally get so excited for the mornings because I get to eat! I am a huge cereal girl; I know it's not super healthy, but it gets me out of bed in the morning knowing I get to eat some Cheerios!

4. Brew coffee

This is only for coffee drinkers, but as soon as I get up I start my Keurig so by the time I am back from washing my face, my room has that fresh coffee smell. It is so great. One of my fav things.

5. Make your bed

If my mom is reading this, she is probably not gonna actually believe it. Literally no matter how many times she told me in high school to make my bed I refused, but now that I'm in college I have to make my bed. I feel like when my bed is made, my room is together, then I feel like my life is together. It is also less tempting to get back in it in the middle of the day if it is already made.

"If you want to change the world, start off by making your bed." - William H. McRaven

6. Stay off social media

I definitely recommend waiting to check all your social media and stuff until a little later in the day because I have noticed if I start my day off checking Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat, I begin my day comparing myself to others. Just not the best way to start the day.

7. Write down what you have to do today

If you write it all down in the morning, you'll be more motivated to stick to it later in the day.

8. Practice gratitude (again)

Even if it's raining out, I thank God for the rain because it makes the flowers grow. And the cool thing is, there are probably a lot of amazing things that could happen this day, and we get to be a part of it. I thank God for getting to go to class every day at Miami University because it truly is a blessing.

“The root of joy is gratefulness...It is not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful.” - David Steindl-Rast

Obviously, not every morning goes perfectly like this, but these are things I try to do every day. It really starts your day off in an awesome way.

Song of the Week: "Better with You" - Jesse McCartney