Make Jesus a Priority Again

Make Jesus a Priority Again

The President will not save us

17
Make Jesus a Priority Again
Google

Before I start, I just want to make clear that this is not an article about my political views or who I voted for. This is simply me expressing what I feel America really NEEDS in order to be great.

What ever happened to “One nation under God”? Why do we think that a person or a group of people can fix this mess? Because let’s just be completely honest with ourselves; no president, senator, congressman, governor, or citizen of this country can give us what we need. What we need is so simple and right in front of us waiting for us to run into His arms. As cliché as it may sound, Jesus is the answer! It’s simple but so powerful at the same time. Christ is the King of Kings, Lord of Lord’s, President of President’s, and the saving grace for this country. At some point we are all going to have to get over our personal, selfish beliefs and realize that this isn’t something we can fix just because we are passionate about it. Yelling and protesting and arguing with every single person that disagrees with you is not going to unite this country. Just think; what if we, as Christ Followers, gave up our personal desires for this country and handed them over to God? What if we stopped trying so hard to fix it ourselves and rely on a single person, and started relying solely on God? It would change everything. This country we all love so much would be the place we wanted it to be. I am confident in this because I know there is nothing more satisfying than living out and experiencing the will of God.

Now I’m not saying we should just sit back and say “God’s going to take care of it,” but instead we should pray and beg for the Lord to take control of our own lives so that He can guide us to do what we need to do. See once we allow God to control our thoughts, words, and actions then people begin to work together and are united. God didn’t design us differently so we could disagree and clash with one another. No, he created us uniquely so that we could strengthen others where they are weak and vice versa. He made us to go together; we just have to allow Him to guide us in the direction of unity. It’s not a presidential issue or a race issue or anything else, it’s a God issue. We all have this idea that what we want is what God wants, but maybe, just maybe, we are wrong. Our own opinions may not line up with how God sees things, and we have got to realize that. We all try so hard to control our own lives and in return control the lives around us. So I think if those of us who say we are Christ-followers finally decided to do just that, follow Christ, then this country and world would look drastically different. We have to open ourselves up to the Lord and allow Him to use us in any way He deems necessary. Will that be easy? No, He never said it would. But He did say it would be worth it. Following God’s plan for our lives will ALWAYS be worth it. I believe that if we take the chance and actually let God take control then this country would become a vessel for the Kingdom instead of a place that is falling so far away from the Kingdom.

The problem starts within each and every one of us. There will never be a change in this country if there is never a heart change in the citizens of this country. Once we change ourselves and figure out what God designed us for then we can begin to lead and teach others in the same direction. It’s time we make Jesus a priority again in our own lives and begin to shine His light on others. Once we allow God to ultimately control this country, then we will be not just great again, but purposeful, and a testament to what God can do when His people unite under His name. Donald Trump is not going to save us. Hillary Clinton is not going to save us. No one person or group is going to save us. It’s Christ's job to save us and He did just that on the cross. We have to accept that gift of salvation and live our lives in response to it, and that will change the world. People don’t change the world, faith does. So America, we all need to find our faith and hold on to it and grow it together, and then God’s greatness will be glorified.

“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth.” -Psalm 46:10

“I will sing of the steadfast love of the Lord, forever; with my mouth I will make known your faithfulness to all generations” -Psalm 89:1

“Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable.” -Psalm 145:3