10 Ways To #MakeItAmazing Every Day, Just Like Mia

For those who have forgotten how to live, here's a guide to help you make life beautiful.

176
Kate Romanchick / Instagram

The #MakeItAmazing campaign was created in honor of my coach's daughter, Mia, who passed away from childhood cancer last year. Make It Amazing uses the letters of Mia's name to create something inspiring. Mia was a positive and amazing girl who never gave up and fought hard.

I think that often in life, we forget how to live. We are so consumed by responsibilities and commitments that we ignore life's true purpose. Here's a reminder and a guide to help you Make It Amazing and make life beautiful, like Mia.

1. Appreciate

Show gratitude to those in your life. Take a minute to tell your parents you love them and you appreciate all that they do for you. Cherish your friendships. Because of how busy our lives are, so many people's actions go unnoticed. We forget to say thank you and I love you. So take this time to appreciate all you have.

2. Take action

What are you waiting around for? Don't be afraid to take on new challenges. You can do it! Don't keep life "on hold". If you've been meaning to do something, get it done as soon as possible. You'll feel much better once you do. Life is easier without burdens.

3. Try your hardest

Going along with taking action, put in effort into whatever you are doing; effort can go a long way. Get yourself used to giving it your all and be proactive! The result of trying your best can be rewarding and satisfying.

4. Don't forget to breathe

Life is too short to stress about the little things. Take it one step at a time. It is important to pay attention to what your body wants; put your physical health and mental health first. Everyone deserves some "me-time".

5. Smile

Science has shown that simulating a genuine smile can boost your mood! It is also very contagious so by you smiling, you are helping others! Smiling also relieves stress because it releases endorphins. Don't forget to smile, it's good for you!

6. Think positive

Is the glass half full or half empty? People who think more positively and are truly optimistic have an easier time getting through tasks and life in general! Always look on the bright side of things, regardless of the situation. No matter how bad the situation gets, never give up! There is always light at the end of the tunnel.

7. Be compassionate

Be kind to everyone around you. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Kindness can go a long way, continue to pay it forward! You never know what someone else is going through and your small kind actions or words can change someone's day!

8. Laugh

We've all heard the term "laughter is the best medicine." Like smiling, laughter is also contagious. Did you know that laughing often actually helps your body fight off harmful diseases? Laughing lowers our stress too.

9. Love

Love is what keeps the world going. Love for each other but most importantly, love for ourselves. It is a pretty simple concept that we often forget to acknowledge for what it truly is and how it affects us.

10. Enjoy it

Last but not least, enjoy life. Life is too short, so live life to the fullest! Always Make It Amazing.

Join the fight against childhood cancer and donate to the organization Mia's family is involved in — Infinite Love for Kids Fighting Cancer.

Click here to donate and #MakeItAmazing!