Getting A Boyfriend

5 Reasons It's Vital To Maintain Your Friendships After Getting Into A Relationship

Don't be the girl who ditches her friends for her boyfriend, soon you may not have any friends at all.

252
https://unsplash.com/photos/tXiMrX3Gc-g

We've all heard this a million times. It's one of those things that us girls hear our whole life, so after about the tenth time it starts to go in one ear and out the other.

All of us have a friend who disappears every time they get a boyfriend. All the sudden nobody else matters and in her world, it's just the two of them. Well, I'm here to tell every girl out here that when someone tells you never ditch your friends for a boy you should LISTEN. Friends are so important to have, here's 5 reasons why we should never forget them because of a guy.

1. Your friends aren’t going to stick around forever 

After being ignored and blown off enough times your friends will stop trying. Everyone will stop asking where you are because they already know. You'll slowly fade out of their lives because putting effort into someone and not getting anything in return is tough.

2.  When you have a bump in the road or need advice, there is no longer someone to talk to 

Something will happen in your life and you'll need to vent or want advice. But you realize you don't remember the last time you talked to her. She's not going to answer the phone and if she does she probably wont be happy.

3. At some point, one of you is going to need some space to breathe  

Living and being together 24 hours a day, every day, is just not practical. At some point he is going to want a boys night out with his guys or go on a trip with his family. As a result, you no longer have anything to do.

4.  Being with one person all the time is not a healthy relationship 

And sadly, It probably won't last. At some point, someone is going to get tired of this constant company. People need alone time and constantly being with the same person can be draining. A healthy relationship is built on trust and is a balancing act.

5.  When you guys break up, there is nobody to go running to anymore 

Us girls rely on our friends to help us get through breakups. We need them to bring us ice cream and sit on the couch watching chick flicks all night. We heavily rely on their company when we feel lonely. So, if you lose your friends after getting into a relationship and try to run back to them when you break up I can tell you that may be incredibly tough.

Moral of the story is, your friends matter! They are important and they deserve the same attention as your new boyfriend. Make time for them both separately and make time to all hang out together. Nobody wants to feel alone because of their own mistakes.

So, consider my advice and make sure to include everyone in your life equally because the outcomes will make you much happier.