I Made A $40 Purchase Off Of TikTok - And I'm So Excited

A 3AM purchase off of TikTok might sound like a terrible idea, but it's actually amazing.

12
Nissa Diaz

So there I was, scrolling through TikTok one late night (as we all probably do at this point). Since my surgery to remove my endometriosis, I've been trying to improve my overall health (both physical and mental). So to help move these efforts along, I've been doing things such as starting therapy (again), skincare, making daily schedules and to-do lists, and journaling. I wanted to continue these small efforts by moving to hair care, and then working on my sleep schedule.

One night, after a particularly rough couple of days, this TikTok popped up on my For You Page. It wasn't an ad, it was just this woman talking, that provided a calm presence to me.

**Video won't insert: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeCsD4RR/ **

When I saw this at 3 AM, I originally bookmarked it and planned to buy it the next morning. The only issue with this idea was that I'm a terribly indecisive person, and knew it would take me forever to actually get around to actually purchasing this. So I decided to just purchase it at that moment.

Though I had already made the purchase, I was nervous about it arriving. The whole idea behind Lovesnap is to snap the rubber band every time you have a negative thought, to replace it with a positive thought. For example, if your negative thought is, "I'm overweight" then your positive thought would be "I am healthy and well." Lovesnap also mentions the actual science behind this (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) and the well-known fact of it taking 21 days to break a habit.

I'm an anxious person, so change as well as new things are a little scary to me. Though I knew I needed to rid myself of the negative inner voice/self-talk, I was nervous about the thought of change. I was also nervous about the thought of snapping a rubber band to help correct my thoughts. Would inflicting pain really help?

After research and some inner monologue with myself, the answer is a resounding yes. I also have issues with anxiety, including panic attacks and sometimes disassociating. A snap of this rubberband can help ground me and bring me back so quickly when I seem unable to do it on my own.

My Lovesnap came in the mail today, and I cannot wait to see what the end of my 21 days looks like. I am guilty of very negative self-talk, and that's something else I have been wishing to change. This couldn't have come at a better time as I already started working on myself more, and cannot wait to see what the next 21 days entail.