A Review Of "La La Land"

A Review Of "La La Land"

A very brief review.

1
A Review Of "La La Land"
Jenna Chandler

After picking up six Golden Globes,"La La Land" became a must watch for me. I found myself excited to see what Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling had in store for me. After spending way too much money on food, my best friends and I settled into our seats just in time for the movie.

We got to watch Mia (Emma Stone) and Sebastian (Ryan Gosling) fall in love while chasing their dreams then leave it all up to fate despite their love for each other. After five years we find out that they have fulfilled their dreams, but not together, when Mia shows up at his jazz club with her husband. We are then shown what could have been their first encounter if it was different by one small detail.

Two hours later we found ourselves questioning how we felt about the movie. After a 15-minute car ride, we decided that "La La Land" wasn't bad, but it also wasn't as good as we had expected. We agreed that we liked the message, but we couldn't let ourselves be completely in love with the movie like we thought we would be afterward.

The overall theme of the movie is great, as well as the casting and acting. The lengthen could have been shorter and it could have smoother transitions, but I have to say I would watch again because I love the message. The message being, the movie relayed how every little we make ends up coming full circle, that everything happens for a reason.It shows the struggle between love and ambition while also reminding us of the importance of every relationship we will ever have. And that, unfortunately, sometimes love isn't enough.

I recommend this movie for anyone who values the connectedness of life and loves a sense of nostalgia. But if you're looking for a movie with a happy-ever-after than this is not the movie for you.