Mac Miller's 'Swimming' Is Worth Diving Into
Music

Mac Miller Is 'Swimming' And We're All Right There With Him

Mac Miller released his newest album on August 3rd and it may be his most significant one yet.

278
Mac Miller in newest music video, "Self Care"

Born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Mac Miller started his career from his hometown and slowly grew his fan base across the United States.

From "Blue Slide Park" to "The Divine Feminine," Mac has explored different styles and sounds on each one of his albums. While each album was different from the next, Mac completely jumped out of his comfort zone with his previous album, "The Divine Feminine," back in 2016 when he switched from heavier rap to a more soulful groove.

After a two-year-long relationship with artist Ariana Grande, the two recently broke up in the spring. Weeks later, Mac was arrested for crashing his car into a telephone pole while under the influence.

After listening to the new album, "Swimming," I have no doubt in my mind that this album solely focuses on Mac Miller and him overcoming a hard time rather than his previous album that focused on the love that people have for one another.

"Swimming" is all about Mac growing to love and accept himself for who he is. The album embraces the fact that Mac may never have everything all figured out, but that's OK.

The album may have been about Mac Miller accepting himself for who he is and to help him regain strength during a hard time, but the album is also something everyone can relate to and learn from. When we go through something extremely difficult, it can take a while to find the love we had for ourselves once before. Finding that strength is never easy, but it is possible. This album represents that process in the most beautiful way possible.

It goes to show that at the end of the day, there will always be a light at the end of the tunnel.