LYRICAL WARFARE BETWEEN DRAKE AND PUSHA T

An inside look on the beef with Pusha T and Drake.

55
Esquire

The longtime tension between Pusha T and Drake finally rose to prominence within the past week.

Stemming from years ago, Pusha T called out Lil Wayne on his slave contract with Birdman. Wayne then took to Twitter to say "F**k Pusha T and anyone who love em." Still some years back, Drake has since hopped in the beef throwing Pusha T a few subliminal jabs in which Pusha responded with a few subliminal bars of himself.

Fast forwarding to 2016, Drake dropped a track entitled "2 Birds One Stone." On this track, Drake dissed Kid Cudi and Pusha T. He went hard at Pusha, saying, "But really it's you with all the drug dealer stories that's gotta stop though. You made a couple chops and now you think you Chapo, If you ask me though, you ain't lining in the trunk with kilo's. Pusha T's musical content mentions a lot of drug trafficking on his part. He tends to push the narrative that he was one of the best to do it. None the less, the beef came to a plateau as everyone awaited Pusha's response.

As more time passed, Pusha T comes out of left field with an album entitled "Daytona." This is a 7 track EP in which he gives Drake another jab on one of the songs called "Infrared." Pusha raps "It was written like Nas but it came from Quentin; At the mercy of a game where the codes is missing."

Pusha is inferring that Drake does not write his raps; something that has plagued Drake since Meek Mill exposed him for not doing so. Although many artists use writers on their songs, Drake claims to be the best rapper and lyricist with the pen. If a statement like this is made then there cannot be ghostwriters in your circle. People will doubt if Drake ever wrote anything.

The beef really caught steam when Drake replied to Pusha T's "Infared" on the "Duppy Freestyle." This caught the attention of fans all over as Drake spends the entire track strategically dissing Pusha T. Drake lets his frustration be known with Pusha and others accusing him of ghostwriting allegations. Drake raps "Don't push me when I'm in album mode; you not even top 5 as far as your label talent goes." He continues, " I told you keep playing with my name and I'ma let it ring on you like Virginia Williams." Virginia Williams is the wife of Pusha T. Drake also attacks him once again on his credibility of being a kingpin.

Yesterday, Pusha T responded with a ferocious diss song going completely at Drake titled, "The Story of Adidon." The diss definitely gave Pusha the upper hand for now as he exposed many things about Drake. He went on to call Drake a "dead-beat dad" and a poser rapper who is afraid of marriage because his dad left his mom.

He called Drake a deadbeat because Drake allegedly has a son with a porn star and is trying to cover it up. Pusha T also found a picture of Drake online posing with his face painted black and used it for his song cover. This picture can be deemed offensive by the black community. The irony in Pusha's verses is that Drake is black. He also disses Drake's producer, OVO-40 whom is sick with a deadly disease. "OVO-40 hunched over like he 80, tick, tick, tick. How much time he got? That man is sick, sick, sick. I got the devil flow ni**a, six, six, six."

As the world praises Pusha T for such clever bars, everyone awaits an answer and a response from Drake. They want to hear an answer for the allegations and a response to the diss song with another diss song of his own. All in all, rap beef has no rules and can get pretty ugly. However, this beef seems very lyrical and safe with fans and celebrities all around the world watching in on the action. We will have to wait and see what's next!