Why Luke Combs Should Drop LC2 NOW
Food Drink

5 Reasons Luke Combs Should Drop LC2 Right Now

What should everyone's favorite up-and-coming country singer be doing? Dropping his new album, of course!

278

I didn't know how much I'd love Luke Combs until I turned on country radio last summer. In the sweltering Virginia heat I jammed my way through Combs' finest works (before they were all #1's), starting with 'When It Rains It Pours,' 'Hurricane' and 'Lonely One.' Two of those three are now Combs' #1s. Combs then put out an even better edition of his original album, 'This One's For You,' with the amazing deluxe reissue of 'This One's For You Too,' including hits such as 'Beautiful Crazy' and 'She Got the Best of Me.' Combs' rise to superstardom can only be described as unprecedented; he went from just a straggler in an already littered playing-field to having five consecutive #1's and having his album go TRIPLE platinum.

All evidence points to one undeniable fact: Luke Combs is unstoppable. As he continues to plow his way through his Beer Never Broke My Heart Tour (I saw you in C'ville Luke!), us fans are dying for some new stuff. Here's five reasons Mr. Combs should drop his next album RIGHT NOW.

1. Beer Never Broke My Heart is fantastic

Luke's aptly named tour, Beer Never Broke My Heart, is centered around the song 'Beer Never Broke My Heart.' He closes his set with it (if you don't count the encore), and it's one of his new pieces that really stands out among the rest, with a heaver guitar and drum sound. Combs hasn't released a single, let alone an album in quite a while now, so I think it's fitting for BNBMH to be not only his first single but also the name of his next album. If you haven't heard it, it's quite a fun song. I'd recommend a listen!

2. It feels like forever

Luke Combs released 'This One's for You' TWO YEARS ago, almost. Of course, his deluxe reissue came out last year but that still only added like four songs. We need a new album with a full tracklist - hopefully with fifteen or so this time instead of the twelve originally on his first album. He's really good, and we're all craving our next Luke-induced hit.

3. Have you even HEARD Reasons, etc.?

Luke has debuted some new songs lately, and he's CONFIRMED he's recorded them! Reasons, Every Little Bit Helps, Refrigerator Door, Goin' Nowhere, you name it, he's done it. I'm super pumped to hear actually recorded studio versions of these music. While Luke is amazing live, I'd also like to be able to blast it through my aux cord in an app that's not Youtube. Me, I'm most excited for Refrigerator Door. What about y'all?

4. Awesome potential collabs

If you've been to one of Luke's Beer Never Broke My Heart Tour stops, then you've definitely heard Luke cover Hank Williams Jr.'s smash hit 'All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight' and to say that he did a good job is an understatement. We need a collab between Hank Jr and Luke NOW - or at least an honest to god studio cover of it. Luke can have collabs with a bunch of other amazing artists as well - maybe a Stapleton collab on Tennessee Whiskey, or one with Morgan Wallen? The possibilities are endless, and I think LC2 would be well served in having some amazing artists accompanying Luke on his journey of success.

5. We just need more Luke

Yeah, this one is pretty self-explanatory. He's got an amazing voice and is a hell of a lot more talented than a lot of supposedly 'famous' folks on the stage today. He's traditional, true country down to his core, and that's something that the industry needs more of nowadays. Country music has arguably lost its heart, of what makes it great, now favoring almost a hip-hop or pop sound. While both of those genres are commendable in their own right, as Luke Combs says in 'Can I Get an Outlaw,' "It's time to get back to our roots."

So there's my reasoning for why Luke should drop LC2. Of course, I understand that perfection can't be rushed, and considering that I have not disliked a single song that Combs has released so far (though I have a few favorites), it's safe to say that I want him to take his time with this one so as to continue his strength.

This One's For You, Luke. I hope that you continue helping me through both good and bad times with your exceptional sound and a keen talent for making that feel-good, homegrown country.