Yes, A 4.0 Is Better Than Your 2.7 GPA

Yes, A 4.0 Is Better Than Your 2.7 GPA

10 reasons why you should stop saying your GPA is just as good.

111
Yes, A 4.0 Is Better Than Your 2.7 GPA

A few weeks ago, students got back their final grades and their final GPAs. With this, many students have been posting celebratory statuses about their accomplishments of 4.0 GPAs on social media platforms. I have absolutely no problem with this. A 4.0 is a hard-earned accomplishment! However, what I do have a problem with is when people post statuses about their lower GPAs being "just as good" as a 4.0. Many of these students claim, "I worked just as hard, so I am just as proud," and the like. However, let me just tell you why I have a problem with that.

1. Your 2.7, 3.8, 2.0, etc... is NOT as good as a 4.0!

This one is simple. It's in the numbers.

2. By saying that your lower GPA is just as good as a 4.0, you are doing an injustice to those who worked hard for their 4.0.

Whenever you claim that your lower GPA is just as good as a 4.0, you are slandering the value of education. Reality check: a lower GPA is not as good as a 4.0 and never will be.

3. Not everyone gets a participation trophy.

This needs to be applied in everything. Academics. Athletics. Arts. Just because you did it doesn't mean you deserve an award for it. Were you superior in it? If not, you don't deserve a trophy. Participation trophies water down the hard work of those who truly excel.

4. Stop settling for mediocrity.

Whenever someone claims that they are just as proud of themselves for achieving a 3.2 as they would be if they were to receive a 4.0, they are simply settling because they don't want to work for it.

5. C's get degrees is a stupid excuse.

Anyone who uses this mentality: retire it.

6. You may have done "your" best, but you did not do "the" best.

Yes, you may have done the best that you can do for your 2.7. However, someone else's best is better than yours. This is a simple fact of life. Some people excel and some do not. It's like Darwin's survival of the fittest. Accept it or work harder.

7. I did not get a 4.0 and I admit that other students are better than me.

Did I get a 4.0? No. I finished with a 3.8. Am I blaming anyone else for my lack of work? Absolutely not. There are many times when I could have worked harder and chose not to. So, therefore, the students with a 4.0 who did go the extra mile are better than me. That's right, I said it. Their worked harder for their 4.0 and therefore are better.

8. Stop blaming others for your lack of work and defaming those who work harder than you.

Nobody has an excuse to not work hard. Everyone is given the same time to study, the same assignments, and the same opportunities in every class whether you want to admit that or not. Sure, some of us juggle jobs, siblings, and other obstacles, but life is what you make of it. Everyone has their own battles outside of school. Even the 4.0 earners.

9. So, next semester, look your future 4.0 GPA in the face and say...

Ryan Gosling takes it away on this one.

10. When you finally get your 4.0, you can feel accomplished like you actually worked hard and earned the highest possible outcome.

Whenever something is a challenge, doesn't it make the reward so much sweeter?