Why I Love Zeta Tau Alpha

Why I Love Zeta Tau Alpha

It's so much more than just Greek letters.

76
Cassidy Springer

Oh yes, another sorority girl writing a sorority article. But, Zeta Tau Alpha has changed my college experience and my life in ways I wasn't expecting. In the fall of 2015, I went through sorority recruitment. I always knew I wanted to rush but never really knew what to expect. The very first day, my very first house was this giant, beautiful house with the letters "ZTA" on it. To say I was nervous was an understatement. But, the girls there made me feel so comfortable and at home. 5 days and 4 rounds later, I opened a bid card with the words "Zeta Tau Alpha" on it. Little did I know, this would be my home away from home.

At first, I wasn't sure if I'd fit in. The adjustment period was not easy but I met girls who have changed my life in the best of ways in this time. I met girls who would laugh with me, cry with me, vent to me, let me vent, and eat with me at all hours of the day. They are my home, my comfort zone, and my future bridesmaids and I owe that to Zeta.

Our philanthropy is Breast Cancer Awareness & Education, which is something so close to my heart. As someone who's grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer a couple years ago, supporting the battle of this terrible disease is something I do feel passionate about. With it being October, we're in the middle of breast cancer awareness month. This month for Zeta Tau Alpha, the National Football League, and many others are dedicated those the fighters, survivors, and family members of those beating the ever living hell out of cancer. The passion towards these women is another reason why I love ZTA.

Zeta has presented opportunities to me, given me a home away from home, and allowed me to unapologetically be myself no matter what. Zeta Tau Alpha is so much more than just three greek letters.