Love, Your Maid Of Honor

Love, Your Maid Of Honor

To my sister and best friend.

689
Love, Your Maid Of Honor
pexels.com

To my sister,

We did not get to choose to enter each other's lives. But we did choose to take this luck and turn it into a deeper friendship. And for this, I will be forever grateful. Honestly, we are very different people. If I'm being honest, we are about as different as it gets. And I love you for that. You teach me a new perspective and allow me to understand multiple viewpoints.

Being the younger of us, the knowledge I gain from you in never-ending. Partially because you have to go through everything from bras and proms to testing mom and dad's limits as the trial, but also because you are the smartest and most driven individual I know. I have gained an appreciation for life and a strong work ethic by growing up under you.

You are strong; stronger than you let on. You conquer anything that is put in your way with ease, something I work to emulate. And you are passionate. I strive to be as kind-hearted and empathetic as you.

Growing up watching you, I have had a built-in role model. Between finding ways to convince Mom to let me do something she normally wouldn't, or getting through mental obstacles and trials, I make each move with you in mind.

Thank you for letting me (kind of) steal your clothes and for always being available to listen to what I have to say. You are truly one of the kindest people I know and I just got incredibly lucky that you happened to be my sister.

So as you go and start a new life beyond the walls of the home that made us, please carry with you all that makes you, you. Continue to inspire others to be better people and never tire of making people feel heard. My future brother-in-law is incredibly lucky that he happened to get you as a wife, and when the time comes (maybe in a couple of years for Mom's sake), your children will have the best mother.

If you ever doubt yourself, look at where I am today and recognize that it is because of the path you laid out for me. And always remember that your closet is my closet and my closet is your closet.

Love,

Your Maid of Honor