A Letter To My Mom

A Letter To My Mom

All the things I don't tell you enough.

10
A Letter To My Mom

Dear Mom,

There are so many things that I could say about you and so much I could thank you for. I honestly don't know where to begin, but I think I'll start with saying that I am sorry that I don't tell you these things more often. Sometimes I forget that you don't just automatically know that you're awesome (because you are), and that sometimes you need to be reminded of all the great things about yourself. You deserve to hear a list of all the reasons I love you, and so here is my attempt at that.

I love you. First and foremost, know that I love you regardless of how much we argue and disagree. I have loved you for eighteen years, and I will love you for 100 more. I don't tell you this enough.

I also want to say thank you. Thank you for being my best friend, my rock and my backbone because without you I would be nothing. Thank you for giving me the freedom to spread my wings and go out on my own, and thank you for being there when I realize that that freedom is too much for me to handle. Thank you for always having my back, even when I'm wrong. You are always in my corner even in the hardest situations, and for that I can never thank you enough. Thank you for trusting me more than anyone else in my life.

I aspire to be as beautiful inside and out as you are. If I am ever only half the person that you are, I will be satisfied. I want you to know that it is incredibly obvious how hard you have worked to give me the life I have now. I have never met someone as strong-willed as you.

I couldn't do life without you. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you to call every day when I get out of class. I don't think you realize it, but even when we are hundreds of miles away my favorite part of the day is talking to you. You always know exactly what to say to make me feel better, whether it be instructions on how to get a stain out of my favorite shirt or just by giving me life advice. You are the first person I call when I am happy, and you are the first person I call when I am sad. Even when I feel like the whole world is against me, I know that you are with me.

Mom, you are my best friend and my superhero, forever and always.

Love,

Your Daughter