I Love You, You Should Know That

I Love You, You Should Know That

Say nice things, even when it is hard to.

9
I Love You, You Should Know That
Brooke Swift

"Fathom your soul to speak more beautiful words." - Audrey Silver

As a writer, I am both equally in love and afraid of words. Words are funny things. The wrong ones can destroy everything. The right ones can heal the most broken hearts. The thing about words though... Is sometimes the right words to say, hide away where your feelings stay, and it's scary to go that deep.

As a writer, I feel that words will be the most important thing that I will leave behind. When you love someone, you should tell them. When you miss someone, you should tell them. We are all just trying to get through life, to find success and happiness. Holding your tongue is not going to help anyone.

I've always been somewhat of an introvert and making friends wasn't always easy for me. My best friend was my grandmother who read novels and wrote poetry no matter how much pain she was in. Before and after she passed away, writing and words meant more to me than ever before. When you know someone is dying, you choose your words a little more wisely. I guess what I'm saying is, you never know when someone will no longer be in your world, and shouldn't the last words you say to someone be as beautiful as you are?

The feelings we feel are never out of place. I know you're scared to send that one text message, make that one phone call, tell that one person you love them... This is your sign to do so. Life is too short. We pick our words before they come out of our mouth, choose them wisely.