6 Love Songs I Love

6 Love Songs I Love

Classic movie and or modern musical love songs that hold a special place in my heart.

15
6 Love Songs I Love
Pexels.com

A list of a few of my favorite love songs, either from classic movies or musicals. Some of these videos will have the full acting, others (for the sake of sound quality) might just be a lyrics video. With that said, lets begin!

1. You Were Meant For Me

Possibly my favorite in this list and rightfully placed at number one, this classic beauty is from the 1952 movie Singing in the Rain. In the current scene Don is finally able to fully express his love for Cathy, having his "perfect setting". He and Cathy had a rocky relationship from the beginning, but the most annoying part, that even she pointed out, was how he was never actually able to tell her those three words every romantic longs to hear at some point in their life, "I love you." It's difficult to be yourself and open up about something so personal. As an actor, it was easier for him to imagine them in a movie setting where he was acting a part to express himself. I love this movie and these characters so much, and this scene is just so beautiful to watch every time.

2. Put On A Happy Face

While this isn't the label love song of the movie Bye Bye Birdie, I think its much cuter and represents Albert and Rosie's relationship so much better. They really are just a couple of goofballs, one wanting nothing more than to make the other smile, and the other wanting desperately for the first to commit already!

3. Be Careful It's My Heart

I both love and hate this scene. I love how Jim sings this beautiful song to Linda, one that he personally wrote for her, and performed for her on valentines day, and then I absolutely hate how Ted just swoops in and steals her away, making her his new dancing partner and constantly trying to make it into more of a relationship as the show goes on. Meanwhile Jim is just left at the end of the song staring at the dancing couple thinking to himself, "This is now the second time my supposed best friend stole away my girlfriend. WHEN WILL IT END?"

4. The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing

This little gem comes from the 1954 movie White Christmas. Honestly, I love this one simply for the dancing. I know it's silly, but just watch! This movie is full of amazing twirls, tapping feet, and talented singers as well as the dancers. We see in the scene just previous that Davis and Wallace are beginning to fall for each of the Haynes sisters. Here we get to see Davis falling hard for Judy, and Judy falling just as hard for him. They show off their skills together as a great pair.

5. Seventeen

This one is probably a sadder one for this list. If you've never watched or listened to Heathers The Musical, well... It's interesting. I won't spoil it if anyone wants to watch it after this, but the basic premise is a very black humor take on your typical high school story. The show heavily focusses on topics like bullying, social acceptance, teen suicide, and school bombings. Surprisingly, this is one of the more innocent moments in the musical. In this song Veronica and JD have come to grips with the horrors around them and decide to end the madness. Until this moment the two have been wanting nothing but to leave high school and move on with life, because life has been crappy to both of them. The show is very adult and this moment reminds us that the main characters are still just kids who want to find happiness and safety in a cruel, uncaring world.

(I don't recommend showing the full musical to anyone under 13, however, I do want to stress to parents that it is an amazing idea for you to find it and see it at least once. If for no other reasons than to get a better perspective into possibly your children's lives and to bring up some very important topics with them.)

6. Helpless

Because I love this artist I chose to use an animatic instead of just a lyrics video. Helpless is where we see Eliza's perspective of that first night where she met the love of her life, Hamilton. The song just previous of this is A Winter's Ball, in which the starring role men of the show joke about Hamilton getting rich by marrying one of the Schuyler sisters. We already know Burr really doesn't care for them, which is where the joking began, but when Hamilton actually falls for one, and not only one, but two of the sisters fall for him, the entire game changes. The very next song we hear is from Angelica's perspective remembering that night where she also had the " love at first sight" moment with Hamilton. In truth, I absolutely love both songs, but this one stands out more to me as the sweeter and cuter song of the two. That and I just think Eliza is adorable.