Love of my life

Love of my life

“A kind of intensity that over flows with peacefulness. A kind of love that sets me on fire but doesn’t burn me.”

38
couple standing in the sunset
Unsplash

My sun, my love, my whole entire soul…

I could lie here and say that what I feel with you is something that I felt before but it’s not. This, what we have is far beyond anything I have ever felt in this life time. It only feels of a dream from a past life.
The only other love I’ve felt come close to this was the day my two babies were born. A kind of intensity that over flows with peacefulness. A kind of love that sets me on fire but doesn’t burn me. The kind of love that makes you understand why it never worked with anyone else.
How is it so possible that someone like you could exist? Someone who isn’t perfect but is perfect in every way to me? I always heard stories of this kind of love, and at one point I thought I had this love but that love was a burning intensity that I never want back. This love…this love I have with you is what my soul has been crying for, for so long.
I looked for you in him, for years I long for him to be you. But he isn’t and never will be. This whole entire time you were right, and I was wrong. You knew before I did…that you were my person and I was yours.
You told me time and time again. It wasn’t till that April day by the pond, when the sunlight hit your blueish greenish eyes and I saw genuine love and gentleness coming from your eyes that I realized I was completely inlove with you. I didn’t say it back then, maybe I should have. Maybe I’d be yours sooner.
All I know is that now…now I have you and you have me and I don’t ever want to let go of this. This is it. We were lovers in a past life, I can see it in your eyes. How I can feel my ever anxious heart completely slos down the very moment I touch you?
Most people want a passionate, intense, crazy kinda love, but I’ve come to understand that, that kind of “love” is toxic and Isn’t real.
What’s real is a peaceful love that doesn’t hurt. One where you can 100% be yourself with out any fear. One where you know deep in your heart that this person won’t hurt you. One where you can talk about anything and everything. One where it’s not just about the sex, but the sex is the best you ever had. A love that’s safe is a love that is true. And this is the love I have with you.

Forever, your moon 🌙