Love Letters To My Husband

Love Letters To My Husband

You are the best part of my life.

500
Love Letters To My Husband
Photo by Mahkeo on Unsplash

Who is the person you love the most? It can be different for everyone. For me, it is my husband. Now, for those who know me, you may think that since I have a daughter I should her love her more. Well, no, it's different. There is a different love there, and that is for a different article altogether. For this, I am writing to my hubby. Where do we start? Well, I can remember the moments before we met each other on our wedding day. Nerves rattling, I held the hand of both my father and stepfather as they led me to my future. How could I have possibly known that the best part of my life was only a walk away? I know that I am not the easiest person to be married to, but I want to talk to you for a little while about something that has been on my mind as of late. I don't say I love you enough. No, I know I say "love you" before you leave in the morning and before we go to bed at night, but I hardly find myself really showing it. Love is an action, and while I may be caught up in the midst of being a woman and a mother, I am also a wife, and part of my job is to really show you love. So I am sorry. It is something I think about all the time and really strive to work on. I will say, however, that you are a trooper. Through our odds and ends, you have really pulled through for me and our daughter despite my mood swings or defensiveness, and for that, I am truly grateful, because I cannot tell you how many times in my life I have been afraid of being left because of my mannerisms. Somehow though, you see me through it. If I could pick one word to describe you, it would be "patience". You have this amazing quality that many people lack, including me, and you use it daily within our life together. it makes me happy to know that you are the yin to my yang in that sense. I can only hope to be as patient as you one day. Something else I really want to tell you while I have the floor: I am so happy you chose me to be your wife. I can remember in the days leading up to our wedding I was so fearful that you would change your mind or something unforeseen would happen, but it didn't. We are here, and though days can be rough (and most of the time they are) there is love in our home, and that is amazing. Finally, there is just one more thing I want to say to you: thank you for loving me unconditionally. I swear, there have been so many times that I was so afraid to say something to you and when I tell you, you just listen with intent. Who does that? They don't make men like you anymore, so just being able to say that you are my man is a privilege. I love you more than words can describe, and I am so happy you chose me.

Forever Yours,

Your Wife