A Love Letter to Wawa

A Love Letter to Wawa

10
A Love Letter to Wawa

Years ago, you moved to my hometown of Williamsburg, Virginia. I thought I was living until I met you, but I was just scraping by with the local 7-11 and its stale brownies and Slurpees that were never ready. But Wawa, you came ready to take my life and my heart by storm, and I have never looked back.

You are so much more than a gas station with the best price per gallon in town — you are my rock. With your ATM that doesn’t charge a fee for withdrawing cash and your warm mozzarella sticks right by the register, you tempt me on a daily basis, which is so, so sexy.

Every summer when the temperature outside rises, so does the heat between you and me. 

You make life worth living with Hoagiefest: the most magical time of the year when all of your mouthwatering sandwiches are $4.79. The pizza chicken philly cheesesteak hoagie has been my crutch through some of my lowest moments.       

Let me tell you what I appreciate most about you: you’re always there for me. Open 24/7; if I need you, you are there. While your doughnuts may not always be fresh at 2 a.m., nobody is at their best so late at night. What’s important is that you’re there for the support I need, when I need it, and for that I will be eternally grateful.   

Remember that one time when I was returning home from a long road trip from Pennsylvania and all I wanted to do was curl up in my bed? But then I saw your sign, and it was like you were calling me, welcoming me home with open arms. So I stopped in and ordered a banana cream shake, and all was right in the world. You are my beacon of hope, the light of my life.   

To be perfectly honest, sometimes I’m scared of our future. Growing up in my early adulthood with you right by my side spoiled me, but where do we go from here? What if I move to a city that is not blessed with a Wawa? Some people may think that Sheetz or QuikTrip are acceptable substitutes, but that is only because they haven’t had the privilege of knowing you in the flesh.  You know what they say: “Once you go Wawa, you never go back.”   

No matter where our lives may take us after this, I know one thing is certain: this was no fling.  I am committed to you, and I always will be. Even if I don’t end up settling down in one of the states that you call home — Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Florida, or Virginia — I vow to make this work. Wawa, you’re worth the work that a long distance relationship requires. 

Wawa, I love you.   

Yours always,   

Evan Trask 

xoxo