A Love Letter To The Boy Who Broke My Heart

You carved your name in my heart and it still beats for you.

73

Loving you was an honor, and having my heart shattered is proof of how strongly I love you. You showed me a whole new world; of life and excitement and joy. I had dreamt of all our adventures, the dogs we were going to adopt, the trips we take, the concerts we'd go to. I saw my life in your eyes, and I saw your eyes as an intrical part of my life. I saw everything we'd been through together as making us stronger, but you saw it tearing us apart. I'd shared every thought and emotion with you, we were working towards our dreams, but never did I imagine that one day it would all disappear.

You'd promised me a life of happiness and no more broken hearts and for so long you held onto that promise. I understand that sometimes people can't keep the promises they make and it's not intentional, so it's okay. You never planned on breaking my heart, it's just what happened.

I'll be okay with time, someday I'll be able to hear that song without bursting into tears. In time I will no longer need to cry myself to sleep, and eventually I'll be able to talk about you without my heart aching. Someday we'll be able to talk without me begging for you to come back. Not anytime soon, maybe not even for years, but someday this pain will fade.

The only thing I'm sure of is this, I will never love anyone as much as I have loved you. In fact I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to stop loving you, and I'm not going to apologize for that. Life with you was a dream come true, I wish I could have lived in that dream forever.

You aren't perfect, neither am I, and perhaps right now we aren't perfect for each other. Maybe it's the timing, or maybe we just aren't meant for each other. Or worst of all-maybe you're the one for me, but I'm not the one for you.

I have so much respect for you, walking away when you knew it wasn't right. Take some time to figure things out for yourself, and I'll still be here. I'd like to think that someday you'll come back, but you're too proud for that. So at some point I'll have to move on but my heart isn't ready to love again anytime soon.

Thank you for showing me a lifetime of love within a short time. Thank you for opening your life up to me and loving me so fearlessly. I love you for who you are, even though you may never love yourself that way. I love you despite how unsure and afraid you are of the future. May your heart find it's place in this world, and may you find all the happiness you deserve.

Lots of love,

Haley