6 Things You Know To Be True If Your Love Language Is Quality Time

Spend a whole day with me and I'm yours!

17
https://unsplash.com/photos/23KdVfc395A
Thought Catalog

In the last year, the 5 Love Languages quiz has become quite popular!

When you take the quiz, it will tell you what your primary love language is along with your less prominent love languages.

Your love language describes how you prefer to show love to those around you as well as how you prefer to receive love from the people in your life.

The 5 love languages are: physical touch, acts of service, words of affirmation, receiving gifts and quality time.

For example, my love language is quality time. Therefore, I prefer to show love by spending lots of time with my friends. Likewise, I feel most appreciated when they make time for me, especially if they're super busy with other stuff.

If you're unsure of someone's love language, look at the cues they give you. If they're constantly trying to make plans with you or want to spend hours upon hours with you during your hangouts, then their love language is probably quality time.

Anyways, if you recognize yourself in this listicle, then your love language is probably quality time!

1. You're a people-person

media.giphy.com

People with quality time as their primary love language are very invested in their relationships with others. Even if you're not a raging extrovert like me, you enjoy meeting new people and forming new friendships because now you have more people to go on brunch dates with!

2. You're usually the initiator

media.giphy.com

You're typically the friend reaching out to everyone else to see if they want to get together. This can get pretty frustrating at times if the effort isn't reciprocated, but you do it anyways because you want to see your favorite people!

3. You prefer one-on-one hangouts over group hangouts

media.giphy.com

Don't get me wrong, group hangouts can be really fun, but you don't really get to learn much about anyone individually. When you spend one-on-one time with friends, you're able to achieve more intimacy and learn more about who they are. I don't know about you, but I'll take that over "squad goals" anyday!

4. Gifts aren't really your thing

media.giphy.com

I like the effort people put into buying or making gifts, but they're not my cup of tea. My idea of a perfect Christmas gift would be getting a text from a friend (or a crush) telling me they cleared an entire day just to spend one-on-one time with me. If someone did that for me, I would lose it (hint hint)!

5. You get a little salty when plans get cancelled

media.giphy.com

For people who value quality time the most, we absolutely jump at any opportunity to spend time with our favorite people. Therefore, we can sometimes feel unprioritized (if that's even a word) when people cancel plans. Oh well, there's always next time!

6. Every get-together is an adventure

media.giphy.com

It's called quality time, not "let's get together only to play on our phones and ignore each other" time. I'm fine being by myself, but when I want to see my friends, I want us to connect. I want us to talk. I want us to make memories, and I can't do that behind a screen!

If your love language is Quality Time, then you're definitely something special! You cherish those around you with everything you have, you understand the importance of one-on-one, and you know how to make everyone feel special.

Now that you're done reading this, put down the laptop, pick up the phone and call your friend to invite them to dinner. It's time to work your magic!