Love: It's Not Just A Feeling

Love: It's Not Just A Feeling

Love conquers all.

188
Love: It's Not Just A Feeling
Crazy Frankenstein

Love is an interesting emotion and can be difficult to describe. Sometimes it can leave you feeling absolutely miraculous, and other times love can hurt you beyond repair.

The miraculous thing about love is that everybody has the ability to love and the ability to be loved. I have always found it easy to love and hard to be loved. It’s so easy for me to look at others and see something in them that they do not see in themselves and by loving others; I feel that I am helping them understand their worth. But as strange as it sounds, being loved is hard when you don’t feel like you don’t deserve it.

Love is your soul and your soul is one of the most fragile things you have. When you let someone into that sacred part of your life you have to be careful because as quickly as you let them in, they can ruin your sense of love even faster. This can be a hard pill to swallow, especially when you are first infatuated with someone, but protecting your heart is how you find the right person.

I believe there are aspects of love that everyone is able to relate to. For example, people can love each other without it meaning anything romantically. However, the second that love reaches the point where you love someone to the fullest, you enter into commitment and sacrifice. That means that you are making the conscious decision to stay with each other through thick and thin. It means that you must give some things up in order to make the other person happy. Love means that you have made it to the point where you stick with the other person even if they make a mistake, because chances are that you have made one too.

Love was never meant to be an emotion you can reach with everyone, and that’s OK. I personally believe that you can love more than one person in your lifetime that being said; you can love them for different things. Some you love for teaching, some for comfort and some for encouragement. It’s okay to love people for those reasons, but once you find the person that you believe you are supposed to be with forever I think that the meaning of love changes. Love turns into commitment and loyalty to that specific person. I think you have to care about them with everything you have and you have to sacrifice parts of yourself for them.

Love is one of those things that you essentially have to become part of one another and work as a team. It is because of that reason that it hurts so much when something happens and that is the reason that you care all the time.

Love is personal, but it certainly isn’t just a feeling. Love is an action. It’s something you fight for each day and it’s the reason why you have to see result in order to believe the words others say. When I say I love you, I’m saying it not just because it’s a feeling, but a commitment. I will sacrifice, I will stay loyal and I will do my best to encourage them through everything. I believe love should mean that you overlook their outer flaws and look deeper into their heart. I want it to mean that I love them just and ounce as much as God loves them because that is the ultimate form of love and if I am able to achieve that, then I have accomplished true love.

Love is hard. Love hurts. Love is sacrifice. But let me be the first to tell you, love is worth it. Passion, intimacy and commitment all encompass the meaning of love. But I encourage you to look deeper into the hearts of others and be true, not only in your words, but in your actions. Because love isn’t just an emotion, it’s an acti