Being In Love Is Overrated

Being In Love Is Overrated

Who would've thought I would go from awing at cute couples on tv to gagging.

4
Being In Love Is Overrated
pixabay.com

When I was younger I used to love watching those cute teens fall in love on Disney Channel. I would sit in awe at them finding their way through a seemingly perfect relationship. Usually, in those shows, the boy would always take them on dates, pay for their meals, and pick them up as well.

Nowadays, it seems I'm the one paying for meals, driving them around, and planning the dates. My last two relationships have been exactly like that. I get it not everyone has been in a relationship like that, but I was.

Now when a guy tries to go on a date with me, it seems I'm always making up excuses. You all know the classic "I'm busy" line, sorry boys, I'm not busy. I'm just scared of being in love. I'm scared of commitment. I am afraid I will get in love and then be desperately heartbroken. So, in my mind, I let my heart know that I think love is overrated. My friends hate my philosophy of "if you act like you have no heart, then their isn't a heart to break."

I know one day I will find someone who will make me feel like the only girl in the world. Right now, at this point in my life, I don't want to be in love. Sure I love the thought of having fun with someone, being in a relationship, or going on dates. But, I feel like I could not just talk to someone without falling deeply in love with who I think they are.

For all the girls out their who think they need to be in a relationship to be happy, you're wrong. We can do anything we put our minds to without another person helping us. The thought of love should be overrated in your times of pivotal success. Learn to make moves in silence without the help from a relationship and let them naturally come to you.