Netflix's "Love Is Blind": Pros And Cons

Is love truly blind, or is seeing believing?

15
@loveisblindnetflix on Instagram

I recently started watching the Netlfix series "Love Is Blind" and I definitely have some mixed emotions about it.

Pro: Contestants can't see their date. 

In today's world, everyone is so caught up on looks and how big their butt is. In reality, none of that matters. Dating apps today are based off of pictures. Users don't really get that deep connection through dating apps. "Love Is Blind" takes a totally different approach. They don't allow contestants to see each other. They can only speak through a thin wall. Without judging their dates based off of appliance, they really dug deep onto a personal level.

Con: Contestants usually get engaged within one week.

I feel like contestant's fell so fast for one another. I don't blame them. If the person on the other side of the way constructs the perfect sentence, you fall in love instantly. Even though they are opening up, they're really talking to a stranger. They get engaged after like 3 conversations without ever meeting family or anything.

Pro: There is more emotion and opening up.

Since participant's dates can't see them, they aren't worried with how their hair looks or how their breath smells. This takes a lot of pressure off their shoulders and allows them to speak their mind.

Con: Contestants have no time to get to know each other before the wedding. 

After the engagement, couples head to a luxurious resort... for about 2-3 weeks. Then they get married! Everything happens so quickly and feel like they need more time, especially in the real world. For instance, they have no idea if their partner throws dirty clothes on the bedroom floor. They don't know if they do dishes. They don't know anything about them and how they act.

Overall, I like the idea of removing social biases of looks and appearance; however, I don't think people should be getting engaged after four days of just hearing their voices. I think in order to truly love someone and see if you want to spend the rest of your life with them, you need to get to know them. You need to get to know them spiritually, personally, physically, etc.