Love From The Heart

Love From The Heart

When we receive love from the Sacred Heart, our hearts are transformed by the Heart from which all love flows.

18
Love From The Heart
Wikipedia

Lord, I believe, but help my unbelief.

One of the principle beliefs in the Catholic faith is that Jesus is truly present in the Eucharist. This phenomenon is hard to explain, but it is the truth, and even science has proven it. In 1996, in Buenos Aires, a consecrated host was dropped on the ground. As is standard for such a situation, it was placed in a container of water to dissolve. However, three days later, the priest found that it had not dissolved and had, in fact, turned into flesh and blood in the container. Three years later, it remained in the same state, so a portion of it was sent to doctors in NYC to test it. Without knowing the story behind it, they found that the blood was human blood, type AB positive to be exact, and the flesh was heart tissue, specifically heart tissue that showed signs of torture. It was even noted that the samples taken pulsated just as a living, beating heart does! What's more is that the DNA and blood type were the exact same as the results from the testing of another Eucharistic miracle, which took place 1300 years apart! Jesus was a real person, with a set DNA and blood type...and He truly is present in the Eucharist! This phenomenon occurs every time we go to mass, whether we see it or not.

Those who are Catholic who approach to recieve our Lord in the Eucharist should remember the actuality and truth of this gift. What a blessing it is that Jesus' heart beats within ours! What a blessing it is that He is physically present within us, and even more, that He desires to be! Jesus didn't tell the apostles, "I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you" (Luke 22:15) because he was hungry! He said it because He loved them, and us, so much that His heart burned to be one with us!

It is remarkable to reflect upon the fact that Jesus literally gives us His heart in the Eucharist! We become one with Him when we recieve Him and when we remain in His love by loving Him and others, by following His commandment to "love your neighbor as yourself" and to "love one another as I have loved you," which means to lay down our lives for each other. When we take an honest and realistic view of ourselves, we might be discouraged and think we can never do this, but we can! We can only with the help of Jesus because He is Love itself. When we recieve His heart, our hearts are transformed to be more like His. The more we recieve His heart, the more we will be able to love because Love itself will be more present in us and will change our heart from within.

The month of June is dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and this year, the feast of the Sacred Heart is on Friday, June 23rd. As we honor Jesus through His Sacred Heart this month, remember how much He loves you and how much He desires for you to give Him your heart, too. It does not matter that you are not perfect. He died for us because we were not. He tells us, "Come as you are," and He will do the rest. He loves you with a love beyond your comprehension, and if that is hard to believe, only say, "Lord, I believe, help my unbelief."

Source: https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/euchar...