Why I Love Fear, And Why You Should Too

Why I Love Fear, And Why You Should Too

What is fear?

108
Why I Love Fear, And Why You Should Too

Fear. It's that emotion we feel in certain situations, whether it be threatening our life or stopping us from reaching a goal. Fear is the paralyzing feeling you get when you walk through a haunted house on Halloween. Fear is the tiny little purple guy that's constantly freaking out in Disney's Inside Out. Fear is real, and it needs to be. We need that pit feeling in our gut, like we're about to throw up everything in our digestive system. We not only need that feeling of always being on our toes, but we crave it, and you can't say that we don't. There's even a national holiday to celebrate everyone's fears in exchange for candy and treats.

Fear can shake us, and create us all in one swoop. You can let it choose your path, or you can grow stronger and overcome it. Although hard, it is not impossible to break through the fear.

The fear that I'm talking about is not just the fear of the dark you had when you were younger, or the fear of the monsters under your bed. It's so much more than that. It's those fears in the back of your mind, the fears that you can never be good enough for something or someone. It's those fears that you can never achieve something that you want.

It's climbing to the top of the mountain in your life and being too scared to open your eyes.

You miss it. You miss everything. You miss the gorgeous view, and the birds. The sunrise and the sunset- you miss all the things that make your trip a grand adventure. Everything except knowing the fact that you made it up there. But you deserve more than that. You climbed that mountain, and you made that trek, so why wouldn't you take in the view?

Personally, I love fear. I love the way that it makes your heart beat faster than you ever knew it could. I love the competition that it brings, and I love being able to harness my fear to build me into a stronger person. It takes time. You can't climb a mountain in one night, but it's definitely worth the view.

So, hold fast to those fears.