What Is Love?

What Is Love?

Love is taking a nap next to them even though they aren’t a nap person.

17
What Is Love?

I'm sure at one point in your life you've seen or heard this famous bible quote from 1 Corinthians 3:4-8, “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." And while that quote is an accurate description, it fails to elaborate on what love is.

Love is smiling when you see their name pop up on your phone. Love is wanting to start and end your day with them. Love is having silly inside jokes between the two of you. Love is laughing so hard you cry. Love is caring. Love is compelling. Love is motivating. Love is inspiring. Love is ordering your favorite pizza and watching movies on a rainy day. Love is driving around with no where to go, holding hands while listening to the radio. Love is cooking a meal together. Love is helping one another. Love is supportive. Love is uplifting. Love is faithful. Love is happy. Love is chasing each others dreams together. Love is great. Love is wonderful, but also love is hard.

Love is really hard. Love is not without effort. Love is learning to trust one another. Love is being honest with each other. Love is learning about the other person without judgment. Love is helping your partner love themselves. Love is heartbreaking sometimes. Love is not commonly found in younger generations. Love is being vulnerable. Love is putting yourself in a position where the other person could hurt you, but trusting they won't.

Love is intense. Love is taking a nap next to them even though they aren't a nap person. Love is meeting their parents for the first time, and being so nervous. Love is picturing yourself with them for the rest of your life. Love is daydreaming about them. Love is waiting up for them so you can FaceTime them. Love is wanting to hear their voice before you go to sleep. Love is missing them when they're apart from you. Love is not influenced by distance. Love is loving them so much that you sometimes cry over how much you love them. Love is wanting to go through life with them. Love is arguing like an old married couple. Love is getting into silly fights that you won't remember in two days time. Love is having big fights that make you upset and cry and mad. Love is forgiving after those fights. Love is still loving someone throughout every up and down life gives you. Love is unconditional. Love is crazy.

Love is amazing. Love is not easily explained, but love is known when it's true. Love is love. And love, is something I hope everyone can experience in their lifetime. Love is so worth it.