Love At First Sight

Love At First Sight

The Window

5

I ran into the house and closed the door as quickly as I could. “Mom! Dad,” I yelled as loud as I could. I could hear them talking in the kitchen, so I ran towards them, but I fell over the chair. The commotion brought my parents running in the living room. I pointed towards the door and all I could manage to say was person. Dad flew out of the house screaming and cussing like a sailor.

“Breathe Justin, Breathe,” my mother said frantically. “What happened?”

I told her about the figure in the dark outfit following me home after practice. I told her that he called out my name as if I knew him. I just finished telling mom everything, when dad crashed through the front door.

“I saw him. I was this close to catching him, but he is way too fast.”

“Mom, dad can you guys drive me to school in the morning and pick me up after practice?”

“Of course dear,” mom said. “Text Bryley and see if she wants to ride with us.”

I texted Bryley knowing she would say yes, because she hates walking to school. Later that night, she called me and I told her what happened. She didn’t even give me time to hang up the phone before she was fumbling up the stairs to get to my room.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes I am fine.”

“You don’t look fine. You look like you’ve seen a ghost or the girl of your dreams kissing Bryan McTaylor!”

“You know I don’t like him and thanks for bringing Jayme into this.”

Jayme and I had dated for two years, but we broke up once I found out she had cheated on me with Bryan. I don’t really have a problem with Bryan because in all fairness he didn’t know. As for Jayme, I do not wish to see her. She broke my heart into a million pieces.

“Earth to Justin. Quit thinking about Jayme. She was no good for you anyway.”

“Well I better head home before my parents freak out. Text me in the morning and let me know what time to be ready. I’d hate to have to walk to school.”

“Bye, Bryley.”

I flopped on my bed and began to replay tonight’s events through my mind. Eventually, I drifted off to sleep. A loud crash woke me up at exactly 3:10 in the morning. I wouldn’t have put much thought to the time if it hadn’t been for last night. My birthday is March the tenth. I quickly turned on the lights in my room. When the lights came on, I looked at the window and froze.