People Asked How I Lost 10 Pounds In 3 Weeks, So Here's My Story

First things first, I am not a dietitian nor am I a professional in the slightest.

239

First things first, I am not a dietitian nor am I a professional in the slightest. I am just a regular college girl who wants to advise someone who may have had the same struggles I did. The hardest yet most important elements one has to remember about losing weight is patience and consistency. You won't see results in a day, maybe not even a week, but you will see results if you stick to it.

I have a question for those who may be reading this, too. How many times have you given up on yourself? I know I can say for myself that this journey has been short and quite tricky but it is very much worth it. I'm telling you now that it is time to stop making excuses and get to the body that makes you feel so confident to the point where you won't settle for anything that doesn't contribute to your happiness

Enough of my motivational opening. Time to tell you how I actually lost 10 pounds in three weeks. I had to get myself into the right mindset first, meaning telling myself that it will take time. No sort of drastic change happens overnight. If you do not have the dedication or the drive to lose weight I can tell you now you will not follow through. Start holding yourself accountable and begin your journey. The first course of action I took was downloading and looking up 30-day challenges I could use to help assist with my start of losing weight. For every day that I did the workout, I would mark a day off on the calendar as a way to see that I was making progress. It is essential that you can see visibly what you've done so that you won't feel the urge to stop going.

Along with the 30-day challenge, I used intermittent fasting. Those of you who do not know what this is, I will provide a brief explanation. Intermittent fasting is the act of eating between a certain time window and not eating anything else once that window is over. The most common schedule most people choose is the 16:8 option, which is also one I decided to do because it seemed like the less challenging option for me. With the 16:8 option, I fast for 16 hours and eat for eight. I begin eating at 12 p.m. and try to have my last meal before 8 p.m. The purpose of intermittent fasting is to make sure that your body has gotten the chance to fully digest the food from the previous day which helps with weight loss. It is not meant to be the most straightforward task in the world but neither is losing weight. I also decided to start counting calories and making sure that I was in a caloric deficit. To elaborate, for someone with my body type, height, and age I need to eat less than a certain amount of calories per day.

With this, I also downloaded an app that could help me keep track of this easily.

Lastly, I Invested in a watch that can keep count of my steps, heart rate, calories, miles I walked, etc. Almost like a Fitbit but a way cheaper version. As for workouts and exercises I did, I completed a lot of HIIT cardio exercises. HIIT is just a completing a circuit of exercises for a certain amount of time then resting in between each workout. There are plenty of YouTube videos on this workout and workouts in general that you can use to help assist you when you are confused about what to do. The most important thing to do is to just start. You do not have to follow my exact steps because this is just what worked best for me. You have to do what you are most comfortable with. For anyone who has any questions, needs advice, or even needs guidance I am always here. Thanks for reading!

If anyone would like for me to go into further details about the products I used to check out my blog at the following link Insightful Ramblings as I will be posting here about it soon!